Chapter 4 - Confusion and Choices ~ Picture of Remiah Shantello

6months later ~

I wake up and wrap my body in a towel before walking to the bathroom to take a shower. The shower glass becomes all foggy when I turn the water on and I couldn’t see a thing outside, but I didn't really care because I was drawing cute smiley faces and love hearts.

A couple of minutes later I hear knocking on the door. ‘Remy?’ I hear Daniel say and then hear the door opens.

‘I’m having a shower!’ I squeal. Luckily the glass was all foggy or he’d end up finding how hard I can punch.

I make a circle in the glass with my hand big enough for him to see my face and nothing else.

‘What?’ I ask angrily. ‘Can I ever get some privacy?’ I say partly to him and partly to myself.

‘Sorry Remy, but we only have ten minutes until a car is going to pick us up. Nick already left and told me to look after you, so get out of the shower and get changed,’ he stands at the door a bit longer looking at me.

‘Um, it’d be nice if you’d leave!’ I say looking away and trying to cover up my flushed face. ‘Sorry,’ he says as if he forgot that he was still here, and then he leaves.

I get changed and walk into my room to pack my stuff but then I found out it was already gone all except for the clothes I had put out earlier.

Daniel calls me to come out because the car’s already here, I walk through the door with my hair still dripping wet and Daniel shuts the door behind me.

I walk a few paces in front of him, still a bit embarrassed and irritated about him walking in as I was having a shower. He opens and shuts the door of the car for me and walks to the other side. Daniel looks at me but I quickly look away already feeling a flush starting behind my neck, he sits down next to me and a man in black drives us away.

I kept my eyes glued to the road trying to avoid Daniel and moved as far away from him as I could. For half an hour we rode in dead silence and I still kept my eyes looking outside of the window, I shifted around a bit but barely ever moved.

5 minutes later I get bored so I look through the hole in the chair that separates the head rest and the actual chair. I see Daniel’s arm rested on the top of my side of the chair, and look at him. He sees me and smiles straight away without a care in the world before looking at the front window again.

By now we were in the country and from far away I see a speck and while my eyes were hooked on that speck, out of nowhere Daniel asks me a question, ‘Don’t you think the forest is pretty cool?’ he looks at me with those soft grey-green eyes.

‘Yeah I have a forest outside of my house. You should know you went out there with some blithering idiot the first time I met you. What happened to him anyway?’

I stared right into his grey-green eyes as if I could read his mind or something but he looks away and starts coughing and looking in bad need of water.

‘Are you okay Daniel?’ I ask scared as if he was going to suffocate right in front of me. Instead he looks away and takes out his phone, making a noise like ‘yeah’ or ‘mhmm,’ before pulling his arm down from the side of my chair and started texting someone like nothing ever happened. I stare at him confused and wasn't sure whether or not I should talk or keep quiet so I look back at the speck that was now a silhouette of a small private jet.

The car soon stops and I open the door myself and walk faster than usual to the jet. Inside it was fancy and looked like it could fit only about two to four people.

Daniel and I were the only people in the jet apart from the pilot which sat at the front –obviously.

At the start of the ride we sat in silence and I watched Daniel trying to avoid looking up at me, and looking into his phone texting someone like every 5 seconds; it drove me crazy.