Chapter 17

After filling his cup with ice cream he came back and sat in front of me. The environment was in a awkward silence. I didn't bother to start a conversation with him once he sat now and he voice versa. I started to eat my ice cream a little slower than before.

"What brought you down here?" I heard him ask, I looked him to see his eyes were on his ice cream. I sigh inwardly.

"Insomnia," I knew that was a felt answer and if I didn't add something we'd be back to the dense atmosphere we were once in. "What about you?"

"Same, but I also had some work to do so I used my insomnia as an advantage."

"Oh, do you mind if I asked you a question?"

"You just did," I rolled my eyes.

"Yea, whatever. What kind of job are you enrolled in?" I asked. I didn't really want to sound prying but It wouldn't hurt to know what he does when he wasn't here.

"I'm the owner and CEO of Techno World and I also own a few hotels and restaurant." He answered.

I was shock that explains his elegant taste for the finest of things including the ice cream we were currently eating. From my research I knew Techno World was one of the best world technology center and they provided the best phones. However, they were expensive, nothing a girl like me can afford.

"Oh..that's good. Now I kind of understand why do you don't have a lot of time for Henrique. You're a busy person and here I taught my life is hectic." I said offering him a smile of praise.

"Yea and that's why I'm eager to find your sister so I can get back to my life."

"I'm sorry for what she did. I don't think anyone deserves to be abandon by their parents. I wish I could help . If I had money I would have taken him from you already and be on my way but I don't even have time for myself much less a child." I let out a sad laugh. It was true if I had the financial background to secure Henrique I would take him up the slip second I arrived here. I loved him from the moment I saw him. My heart arch for him. What my sister did made me despise her even more.

"It's okay, my detectives are working hard to find her."

"From my perspective of things I don't think you should give him back to her, god knows what she'll do when she gets him back. She abandoned him once, why won't she do it again? My sister only cares for herself and herself only. She doesn't care who gets hurt in the process, the only matters is that she gets what she want. I don't want her to hurt him, no I shouldn't have said that, she wouldn't hurt him he's her child." I lifted the spoon and placed the ice cream in my mouth. She wouldn't hurt him, that was one thing I was certain of.

"Something broke the bond you guys once, I'm not sure what it is but I knew it had a effect on you but it's not my place to ask." He said giving me a light smile at the corner of us lips.

"Yea, she did something and I don't think I can forgive her for what she did." I love my sister, there is no doubt about it. But what she did made me like this, she was the cause I'm a damsel in distress. It was all her fault. If she didn't get that job, if she hadn't change. Everything would have being perfect but she didn't listen and I didn't bother to argue with her. She got her dream but I lost mine. I guess that's what it means when they say you have to lose to gain and gain to lose.

I lost a lot of things based on her decisions while she gained and my heart arch because I'm not living my dream instead I'm here fixing her mistakes. That's all she does, make mistake and I have to pay for them. Ha!, that's what twins are for, to share problems, but where is she to share my problems. Only God in the heaven knows.

"Well, when I find her you guys can work that out," he said but I didn't reply. There was no way I plan to work out what she did. There was nothing to work out. I lost everything that meant something to me, and it would take a whole lot more that an apology to get them back. "Well, I'm finish eating my ice cream so I'm going go up to bed in hope to get some sleep." He said as he got up. He walked over to the sink and was about to wash his cup.

"Don't worry about that, I'll wash that just go and get some sleep. You need it more than me." I gave him and a smile. He said goodnight and disappeared upstairs.

Five minutes after I wash the cups and went to my room hoping I'll get his green eyes out of my mind.