My story

Hi my name is Haley Brooks I'm 15 years old I was born June 2 2000. I go to a great school I have great friends and my life is great will now it is but in my past I have had some trouble. You might be thinking what kind of trouble I have one word of you Cancer. Yes cancer it's the word no one what's to hear no one what's to here that they have it or a love ones has it. You see when I was 18 months old my parents found out I had a disease called Diamond Blak-fan anemia which is just like leukemia and will eventually turn into it. I was told I wouldn't live to see my 2nd birthday. My parents knew something was wrong because of the way I was sleeping and I was so pale and my lips where always blue I went to so many different doctors and no one could give us a answer tell we went to Boston and we finally got a diagnose and it was DBA from the age of 18 months old to the age 5 years old I had surgery after surgery blood transfusion after blood transfusion but when I was 5 things got better (I lived longer then they thought) I got better I was going to school and started to have a "normal" life everything was going good until the summer of 2011 we got the news that it was back and it was way worse this time I had more blood transfusions I had more surgeries then they said that j would have to have a bone marrow transplant if I wanted to live so we looked and looked for a doner they found one and the summer of 2012 I went in for my transplant at Vanderbilt children's hospital. I made so many new friends in the hospital but sadly I lost some too after my transplant I had to be really careful for everything that I did it was a long ride but I my just glad that I'm better now. Now it's 2015 I'm 3 years past transplant I'm a healthy high school sophomore I would not wish j never went thought that I would never wish that one someone else everything I have went thought has made me who I am today and I can only give thanks to one person God he helped me get thought it all he healed my body.

This is just a small bit of what the Lord has done for me this is some of my story.