Chapter 5

A\N: Vote and comment!

***

Aghanya's POV:

The haldi was in a couple of hours. I had changed into a yellow salwar. Not that I wanted to go. My mom was making me go. I chose a pretty dangling earrings and a few bangles on my wrist. I let my hair be open, it was wet as it was.

Viren was sprawled lazily on the couch watching an animated movie. I frowned, "Aren't you going to the haldi?" I asked him.

"Huh? No. Not interested." He said.

"It would be good if you went."

I didn't push him further. He didn't know any of them well, not Varun nor Rhea.

I moved around  the room getting ready and cleaned the mess I made. And Viren had thrown some wrappers around the place. I picked them up annoyed. I swear to God, it was like living with a little kid.

I went to pick the wrapper at his feet. He stopped me, "What are you doing?"

"Cleaning up." I said picking it up.

"Why? The Room Service will do it." He said casually.

"My dear, the room service are people too!" I snapped at him.

He pouted and went back to watching TV. After cleaning up, I washed my hands and left the room.

***

Viren's POV:

  I yawned as I finished The Lion King. I looked at my phone screen, it was around 6. I looked around the dark room. Now what should I do? Bored, I opened the fridge and took a gulp out of the soft drink.

My phone rang and I rushed to pick it up. It was from my step mom. I rolled my eyes before answering it,

"Hello?"

"Viren? Where are you? Why are you not at the haldi?" She screeched.

"In my room. Not interested." I said lazily.

"I don't want to hear that! Get down! Now! Or I'm telling your father!" She cut the phone.

I sighed. What did my father ever see in this cruel woman? I decided to go as I was already bored and there was nothing to do.

Besides, Aghanya would be there. She looked pretty in the yellow salwar kameez. Why did she not dress like that in Mumbai? She looked beautiful when she put efforts in her looks.

After changing into a shirt and simple jeans I went downstairs to the hall. The whole hall was divided into two sections by a sparkly transparent cloth in between. One, the groom's side and other the bride's. I moved to the groom's side where I found most of the guys.

I made my way to the bar and ordered myself a drink.

"Viren?"

I looked back at my old school buddy staring at me. Smiling widely I went on to hug him. "Bro! What are you doing here, yaar?"

"Varun is my wife's cousin."

"Whaaat? You are married! Who is that unfortunate lady?"

He punched me in the stomach. I laughed at him. Later, he told me his wife was Diya Raina.

"Woah! So you managed to marry your high school sweetheart after all. And why wasn't I invited?"