CHAPTER FIVE

What is it with this girl?

Enrique's POV

"Hi, dad" I greeted my father as he walked through my office door, "Good day son, you all ready for the meeting?" Dad asked with a smile, "Of course dad, any last minute advice?" I questioned as I stood up and gathered my things.

This company has been in my family for four generations and it has brought the De La Vega name great success over the years, with each CEO that ran the business it reached new heights and mine comes in the form of a merger with one of my greatest competitors.

When Robert Darcy proposed the merger I thought he was crazy, however after careful consideration and consulting with my predecessors it seemed a better idea and now it's finally becoming a reality. "I have faith in you, Enrique. I'm glad you made this decision, it will take the company to the next level." he said proudly.

After a few minutes of idle talk the lawyer for DLV, Michael Moore arrived with my p.a. Rebecca in tow indicating that we were all ready for the meeting.

Rebecca is my thirty five year old p.a. she's more than good at her job and she keeps me in check kind of like an older sister, we are friends but we maintain a professional relationship, she is happily married to a police officer with two children.

We reached the boardroom minutes later and were met by Robert Darcy along with a man whom he introduces to us as William Ayers; the company lawyer and a perky blonde that I wouldn't mind getting to know.

I openly checked her out in her low cut top that leaves little to the imagination and her middle thigh length skirt that was tight enough to see the non-existent panty line, which only indicates that she was wearing a thong. That thought alone had me wanting to take her away, I stuck out my hand and introduce myself, her cheeks flushed and her voice got low and seductive as she replied "I'm Emily Petrova, Mr Darcy's personal assistant." with a triumphant grin and a wink to Emily I suggested that we step into the boardroom.

When inside I recalled Robert mentioning an associate but as I looked around the only new face I saw was a woman, most probably the new server that I requested seeing as how she is dressed much more conservatively compared to the last girl that I had removed for flirting with all my colleagues. Not that I didn't enjoy the view but it became annoying after time, especially since the men failed to concentrate with her around.

After scanning the room and not seeing this associate of whom he spoke I chose to ask him instead, "Robert, you mentioned that an associate would be joining you, is he running late?" Out the corner of my eye I notice the brunette move to stand next to Robert.

Looking me straight in the eye she stuck out her hand. As I took her hand in mine I couldn't help but like how it felt in mine; not to mention the electric feeling that coursed through my veins at her touch. Is she static or something?

"Megan O'Conner, Mr Darcy's associate and no I'm not late Mr De La Vega." she stated in obvious dislike of my assumption that she was a man. I heard stifled snickers around me causing my temper to flare.

How Dare She?

With a glare I attempted to take the heat off myself and get the meeting underhand. As we got seated I felt my father pat my shoulder.

I was still fuming at the audacity of this woman, who does she think she is giving ME that tone?! She doesn't look a day over 22, is Robert playing with me? Surely the girl is fresh out of college how much could she possibly know about business?

She's probably an Intern.

Throughout the meeting I failed to forget our encounter and I was still fuming from having a child talk to me that way.