Chapter seven

"What the actual hell." Is basically my response.

"Honey." 'Mom' said grinding her teeth.

My apparent brother walked towards me, holding his hand out.

"Hi, I'm Brendan." I looked at his arm in distaste.

"Okay.." He trailed off.

"Skylar Rose, stop being rude and shake his hand, I did as told, grabbing his hand with force then letting it go, I turned to my mother after that.

"Oh sweet, sweet mother, when the hell where you going to tell me I have a brother." Looking at him again, I notice our similarity, actually we look like freaking twins.

"Wait-"I interrupted before she started talking "- We are twins, for sure, then who is older?" And that was my serious question in this moment.

Great going Skylar.

"Yes he is your twin, and he is older in a minute."

Dammit.

" In that time your father and I did have enough money for both of you, so we put him into foster care, and soon a family adopted him and didn't let him see us afraid that he will leave him, but until now he convinced them to see us and here he is." She said, her smile tight lipped, and I really didn't want to believe a word she said, thought I know it's true, lucky him he got to be e one to get away, as I was the one left behind.

She turned to him after that, "And I'm so sorry honey, we just picked you because you are older and a boy more capable of yourself." I grimaced at her fake sweetness as she hugged him and sent me a smug smile.

"I know you found out your dad died, and I'm sorry you didn't get to spend time with him, but because of someone, he has died." She said, glaring at me when Brendan looked away, silence settling in.

"Well, I'm going not going to move in with you guys, but I get to go to school with you." He said looking so happy, I felt bad for all the bad thoughts I was thinking, but my eyes still widened, are you kidding me, next thing I know he will be in class with me and many rumors will be flying up in the sky, he waited for my response, staring intently until I finally snapped out of it.

"Okay, fine, I'm really tired can we talk later." I said actually exhausted.

"Of course honey." I'm going to barf at her soon enough, it's clear he didn't know about the abusing and there is no way to tell him if I didn't want my death to happen, she grabbed me in a fake hug her arms digging into my skin drawing blood.

"Better not tell him." She said digging harder, I nodded, and she let me go, I finally went upstairs and left.

.
.
.

The next day, I dressed up in high wasted jeans and a neon green top, matching my eyes, I headed down and saw him wearing something similar.

You have got to be kidding me.

"Oh look, were wearing something similar." He said, looking happy as yesterday.

"Ya okay." I said, smiling, it wasn't his fault for what had happened to me, and it must have been rough for him not to see his real family all this time, so I had no reason to be mad at him, no matter how much I want to be, he was completely innocent in this matter.

We headed to the car, as I drove to school, it was a ten minute ride that had felt like it took forever and ever. We finally reached as I stepped out of the awkwardness that was in the car, stepping out too, all eyes were on us, and I was glad people haven't thought were a couple, since I knew by the look in their eyes they saw us as siblings.

I said the story to everyone repeating everything to a different person every time, Anne has basically freaked out, and went all lovey dovey at Brendan, him dong the same but both not having the balls to ask each other out.

I was happy when it neared the end, and soon enough I was walking out of the school grounds.

"So, twin brother huh?"

.
.
.

I wanted to leave it as a cliff hanger. Thought it was probably obvious. Anyways this is an early update since I won't be updating on Saturday, but I may update again to make it up for you all, I hope you like this chapter I worked hard, and it was practically at midnight, well fifteen minutes away from it for me, and I wrote while on vacation, even if it was short, sorry there wasn't much events, I promise there will be more in the next chapter.
Xx,
Lara.