Chapter 15

Name: Sophia Anderson

Husband: Paul Anderson

Has two sons:

James Anderson

And Jack Anderson

I take a look at the document containing my mom's information, sent from the Orphanage, displayed on my phone. My fingers glide across the screen of my phone, continuously reading the family information.

"Are you ready to meet your mom?" Anas asks, standing before me with Habiba, who gives me a reassuring glance. I smile at them nervously. "I don't know, I'm kinda nervous."

Habiba plops down next to me on the couch, giving my arm a gentle squeeze. "She's your mom, girl! Why all this nervousness, like you're going for a job interview or something!"

I shake my head, a soft chuckle escaping my lips. "It's just that it's my first time meeting her and I'm not sure how to react."

"I'm so happy for you, finally getting to meet your mom!" Habiba's voice reverberates against my back as she wraps her arms around me, enveloping me in a warm hug.

"It's going to be a long journey, so I suggest you hit the road now if you don't want to be late," Anas advises, prompting me to nod in agreement. "Absolutely, that's what I was thinking. I should make my way there."

Accompanied by Habiba and Anas, I step outside and head towards my car. "Best of luck!" they exclaim together.

I give them a warm smile before I hop into my Porsche and zoom off towards my destination. The smile on my face lingers, refusing to fade away, as if it's etched there to express my over excitement to meet my mother. It still feels like I am dreaming.

I drive for the next 20 minutes until my car abruptly comes to a halt in the middle of nowhere. I make several attempts to start the car, but each time proves to be futile. Slipping out of the car, I try to assess if there's any visible issue, but my lack of expertise quickly becomes apparent. I realize I need to get this car fixed.

"Freaking Porsche! How could you betray me like this in the middle of the road?" I vent my frustration towards the car. But now, the thought of fixing this mess and getting back on the road to meet my mom seems like an impossible task. I stand there, my mind unable to process any simple solutions.

Abruptly, a car pulls up next to me, catching my attention. As I glance towards it, it takes me no more than a second to recognize whose car it is. Though I'm not certain if it's him sitting inside, I can vividly recall his car. 

The car door swings open, and in the next moment, he emerges. It is indeed him, Zayan.

"Hey, I was passing through and saw you struggling with your car. You need any help?" Zayan asks, taking a few steps towards me. I don't know how I managed to focus on his words because, at this moment, my mind is consumed by the memory of that night. The "I'm sorry" from him keeps echoing in my mind.