Chapter Six

Seon's POV

"Welcome again to UNC Asheville, Sean Dave Martins" The Dean said shaking my hand even more as we stood outside her office. Her wild grin didn't seem to die.

"Thank you Mrs Love" i told her.

"Lovette" Mum corrected me.

"Sorry Ma'am i mean't Mrs Lovette".
She'd told me earlier i could call her Mrs Love.

"Mrs Love, Lovette, it's all the same thing" she laughed coyly, letting go of my hand finally.

I tried to ignore the fact that she might be flirting with me knowing that i was the ministers son.

"Good day Mrs Lovette" a guy emerged from around the corner.
"
Yes, Sam, welcome. This is Sean" Mrs Lovette introduced "He is your course mate in the drama department and you'll give him a brief tour of the school before your lecture starts".

"Yes ma'am" he replied her.
"welcome to UNC" he told me.
He was about average height and had blue eyes.

"Thanks" i replied.

"I should leave now" Mum said. Like she had to come in with me in the first place.

"Okay Mrs Dave Martins. Its a pleasure to meet you again and i hope your stay in Asheville would be a pleasurable one." Mrs Lovette told her.

"I appreciate" Mum smiled. She faced me. "Be good" she told me.

"Sure, bye Mum," i said, forcing a plastic smile.

She returned my insincerity with her own taut grin before turning to leave, her conservatively cut, elegant dress swaying with each step.

"Let's go then" Sam told me.

"Enjoy your stay in UNC" Mrs Lovette told me.

"Thanks Ma'am" i replied her before going with Sam.

Since the semester was already in section Mrs Lovette insisted someone showed me around. She'd said i wasn't the only transfer student that came in today.

"I'll be showing you and the other transfer student around too" Sam told me "oh, there she is" he said and i immediately noticed her.

She was standing near the entrance of a lecture hall, her modest yet stylish attire capturing my attention.

She was dressed in a long skirt and head tie, she exuded a quiet confidence that drew me in.

As she approached us, I felt an immediate connection, though I couldn't quite explain why.

"This is Ashley and Ashley this is Sean" Sam introduced" He's also a transfer student".

"Hi" she smiled at me.

I nodded "nice to meet you" i smile back.

We glared at each other, i didn't like moving to Asheville but just this moment as we held gazes i believed we were destined to meet.

Sam cleared his throat intending to interrupt.

"Shall we?" He asked us. We both seemed to be catching our breath for a second.

"Yeah" she replied.

We then spent the next few minutes with Sam giving us a quick overview of the main buildings and facilities on campus.

I took time to glance at Ashley at any chance i got while she in turn tried as much not to.

"Since the semester has already began you guys have some catching up to do" Sam told us. "So out of my generosity i will offer to be of assistance to you two, that's if you want by the way"

Ashley seemed pleased "Yes, I'll like that. Thank you". She said.

I didn't care. I was attracted to her.

"Alright, it's almost ten. Our class will soon begin" Sam said looking at his wrist watch "if you have any more questions about UNC you can always ask me"

"Thank you" Ashley said again, her curtsey getting to me. I was silent. It was while we walked to the lecture hall i asked her for her number so i could text her.

"I don't have a phone" she said.
"Really...?" I asked "how comes?"

Sam walked in front of us.

"It's a distraction".

I glanced at her, she also did.

"okay..." i said not wanting to ask about it "can i email you instead?"

"My dad receives all my emails, sorry"
"Oh,"

She was clearly declining my advances.

"I won't send anything contradictory though. So it would be cool," i said.

She was silent.

"I promise" i added

"I only recieve emails from school, church related and also work related, sorry again"

I bit my lower lip, this was just my first day in a school i didn't want to attend but meeting Ashley was already promising, i wondered if she couldn't feel it like i did.

"I get we just met" i told her "but i guess I'm already drawn to your simplicity and personality".

She glanced at me again. This time it was like she was surprised.
She was silent. Sam turned to face us.

"We're already here and the class is about to start" he said.

We were already in front of the lecture hall. Students were walking in and settling down.

"So, see you two love birds later or... whenever" Sam said, then he walked in immediately.

Ashley seemed embarrassed. I pressed my lower lips as i looked at her.

"He is...not serious" i said. "Here,..." I said taking out a card from my jacket pocket. I gave it to her.

"This is my number and email, any chance you get, you can text or email me" i said.

She looked at the card in my hand and then looked at me.

"I'm not allowed to be friends with a guy" she said "sorry" then she walked into the hall.

I stood for awhile, ignoring the fact that a few girls smiled at me as they walked in.

I sighed at my new found feelings for Ashley. There was no way i was giving up on her i told myself.

*****
Please like and comment 💖🌹thank you.