Chapter 109 An eminent monk

Hearing this, Cui Muli's eyes were distracted.

Doesn't she remember what happened that night? Forget it, let her mistakenly think that he is still innocent. After all, he is not the fool in his previous life. The fool who buried his happiness with one hand and even implicated himself in this life.

Seeing that he was in a daze, Xie Miao couldn't help but wave her hand in front of his eyes, "Cui Muli?"

He came to his senses and suddenly started coughing. Xie Miao hurriedly handed over the handkerchief. He struggled to swallow the fishy heat and said as if nothing had happened: "I'm fine, don't worry."

Xie Miao's face was solemn, her eyes fixed on something, "You vomited blood."

Cui Muli lowered his head and saw that the handkerchief was stained with a bright red, like a rose falling into the snow.

He folded the handkerchief, and put it into his sleeve. He said with a smile, "No problem."

Xie Miao asked: "Did you get ambushed again? Why don't you add more secret guards-"

"A-Miao." He interrupted her and asked again: "When are you leaving?"

Xie Miao replied truthfully: "Four days later."

He said: "Is it so soon? Can't it be delayed a little longer? It's cold in winter and there is no charcoal burning in the temple. What if you catch a cold or get sick?"

Xie Miao said: "I want to be a nun, not to enjoy happiness."

He said softly: "But I can't bear to let you suffer."

"All actions are impermanent, and everything is suffering." She smiled broadly, "Instead of seeing suffering as illness, we might as well think of sweetness instead of suffering."

Is that right?

Cui Muli choked for a moment and said inaudibly: "You have really let go."

Whether it was love and hatred from the past life or entanglements in this life, she let them go without any hesitation.

There was a touch of sadness in his eyes. Compared to being overly emotional, it was more touching.

Xie Miao lowered her eyes and said, "Lan Xia is back. The momo taught her well."

"So?" He was extremely perceptive and guessed: "You brought Xueqiu back and want to return it to me?"

"..." Xie Miao acquiesced.

Cui Muli smiled sadly, "Okay."

Xie Miao hesitated for a while and said: "By the way, please return Baifan to Third Young Master Zhou."

"Okay."

"The persimmons I promised you are ready. If you want to eat them, call for Qiao Mu."

"Okay."

"My cousin is the future of the Cui family." She said, "You must take good care of yourself in the future."

"Okay."

Xie Miao stood up and wanted to leave, "Then I'll first—"

Cui Muli suddenly took her hand and pulled her hard towards him. Xie Miao was caught off guard and ran into his arms. Just as she was about to struggle to push him, she was keenly aware of the other person's abnormality.

Cui Muli buried his face in her neck, his shoulders trembling, and he didn't make any sound. Only the warm moisture on his neck revealed his loss of control.