-23-

Once the partial repairs were done, the command center ordered for return back to the base.

The trip back to the portal was...weird. It was to be expected as there was gravity everywhere around, and the only way to get to the portal was to follow the rules. A climb, or walk, up the borders of the Hollow Earth was an easy task despite the evident risks. Even so, Akane managed to pilot Shiryu up the walls and to the "ceiling" where the portal was. The same portal that she and the rest came through. She saw the Heron aircrafts dive in first in order to let them get through safely. When she was about to make a jump for it, a small squeak made Akane turn around. Behind Shiryu...was the small shape of Chibisuke trying to catch up with the mechagodzilla. Far behind him was his mother, Gojirin, following him to make sure her hatchling remained safe. "Chibisuke? What are you doing here?" Akane asked in surprise, moving Shiryu to kneel down. The small Godzilla hatchling gave squeaks and raised up its miniature claws up to Shiryu, as if he wanted to be carried by them again. "Oh...I'm sorry, Chibi. But you can't come with me. I don't know if you will be welcome up in the surface, including your mother." Akane said, moving a mechanical hand to gently pat Chibisuke's head, and looking up at Gojirin. The female Godzilla watched intently how the two of them interacted, observing if anything went wrong. "I have to go. Shiryu needs repairs to go fight the big bad bird monster that attacked you and mommy. You will be safe here. I will return before you know it." Akane said, lifting the hand off from Chibisuke and straightening Shiryu up before turning around and heading to the edge where the portal was situated beneath.

Another squeak was heard, and Akane noticed that Chibisuke had moved closer to Shiryu. "No! Go back to your mother." Akane said, a bit firmly as he moved a mechanized hand again and nudged the hatchling gently on the chest. The small Godzilla gave a sort of snort/sneeze, growling as if he was firm in following her. So, with a sigh, Akane moved Shiryu around again and used both of its arms to pick Chibisuke up and walk over to Gojirin. She set the small hatchling down at the titan's feet and straightened up, looking straight at Gojirin's face. "Please keep him close. I guess he has taken so much of a liking to me." Akane said to the titan, knowing she didn't understand her as Shiryu was moved to step back. Strangely enough, Gojirin looked down and gave a large snort, gaining Chibisuke's attention and making him lower down. Seeing the obedient posture from the hatchling, the female Godzilla bent down and carefully picked Chibisuke up in its maw. Almost in a similar fashion like a cat or a dog picked up their pups. Then Gojirin's began to stomp away from Shiryu in order to take Chibisuke away.

Akane couldn't help but smile as she saw them go away, before turning around to make Shiryu jump into the portal towards the surface.

* * *

Time passed quickly once Akane and Shiryu arrived back at Odo Island. The Argo carrier pick up, the travel across the ocean back to base, and the descent, all passed by quickly.

It was a good thing that time passed rapidly in that way, otherwise Akane wouldn't have had the chance to hear the beginning of the discussion. Once Shiryu had arrived, the personnel around the base began to work quickly on the more deeper repairs and overhaul of the mechagodzilla. Akane stepped out from the cockpit and took off her helmet, the medics rushing up to her in order to check for her health as a precaution. Thankfully there was no problems, and the medics let her go so that she could change out from her pilot suit. Akane changed and got cleaned quickly, now back into her uniform in order to head straight to the briefing room as ordered. Once she went inside, Akane saw that nearly everyone was inside. Those included other high ranking officers, along with several experts from Monarch, and, of course, the Shiryu team that worked on the machine. She politely entered the room and walked over to take a seat near the large table, next to her friends as a preference.