03

Blake Tolvar.

Something was wrong.

Well if you had the name Blake Tolvar, everything was wrong most times.

For one, I couldn't hear Astra screaming her lungs out. And while I appreciated that for once, Astra not crying meant she was not here. And that was even worse because it could only mean that they got her.

The second thing was that my wolf stirred. He never did that these days. And something had prompted him to at least acknowledge that he was a part of me and I was not complaining.

The third was that I couldn't get up. Like my mind was fully awake but my body wasn't? And when I tried hard enough to, I fell back into that restless state we call sleep against my will.

✓•✓

The next time I was awake, I could here her, Astra. She wasn't crying or anything but she was babling out loud. Strange, non-existent words.

"Wait, really?" A deep voice joined Astra's.

Astra shrieked loudly and if I wasn't awake earlier, I now would've been.

The voice laughed and I struggled to get my body to coordinate so that I could see who exactly that was and where exactly we were because last I checked, we were outside trying to escape from that fucking coven when we....

Oh fuck! Vampires.

That was enough to get me to open my eyes. The room was dark, a few lamps lighting it up enough for me to see.

I was on a large bed. One that felt as if I was on a million clouds.

My body still ached but not as much now that I was somewhat rested.

I tried locating Astra or where her voice was coming from and when I couldn't, I had to sit up.

Sharp pain exploded in my head, making me regret my decision. These migraines needed to stop making their appearance at unexpected moments like this.

Clutching my head, I took a few breaths before lifting and opening my eyes  again.

Two pairs of eyes were staring at me. One, I knew perfectly, green emerald eyes that could only belong to that of my sister.

The other...well I had seen those ones too, red mixed with browns. And as I held their gaze, I felt my wolf stir once more.

Astra's cries tore my attention from said eyes. I quickly got out of the fluffy bed, stumbling only once as I made my way to her.

Pulling her into my arms, I shushed her, breathing her scent. It seemed to work because she quietened and began babbling again.

"I know, I know...sorry okay." I chastised her.

Once she settled in my arms once more, I turned to the....man...no vampire.

Now would you look at that!

My wolf stated, startling me because the fucker decided to make his appearance now after what...a couple of years?