CHAPTER-5: FROM CLASH TO CANVAS

1st August,2016

After so much encouragement (or perhaps a gentle threat) from Priya, I finally mustered the courage to confess my feelings to Ashish.

As I waited in the cozy ambiance of the cafe, dressed in my favorite beige pants and white top, I felt a mix of nerves and excitement coursing through me. Today was the day I would finally ask Ashish out. As the clock struck 5:15, I saw him enter the cafe in his volleyball practice attire

 As the clock struck 5:15, I saw him enter the cafe in his volleyball practice attire

*Imagine this as aadhya outfit

*Ashish outfit

"Hey Ashish, I thought u wouldn't come as it's 5:15" I said to him with a playful smile.

" Enn ri docteree, ofc I wouldn't miss it for the world,"
(What doctoree) He replied in a playful manner , his eyes twinkling with curiosity as he took a seat.

As we chatted, I couldn't shake the nervous energy pulsing through me.
Summoning all my courage, I found myself face-to-face with Ashish, my heart pounding in my chest as I prepared to spill my emotions. With shaky hands and a voice filled with nervousness, I took a deep breath and began to speak, pouring out my feelings in a rush of words.

"Ashish, there's something I need to tell you," I started, my words tumbling out in a flurry. "I... I've liked you for a while now. You make me feel happy and... and special, and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer."

I braced myself for his reaction, my heart racing with anticipation. Would he reciprocate my feelings, or would my confession be met with rejection?

Regardless of the outcome, I knew that I had to be true to myself and express what was in my heart. And as I waited for Ashish's response,

He was shocked it was out of blue for him he asked laughing "enn ri docteree joke aa " ( is it a joke doctor)
I nodded in refusal,he started speaking,his words were like knife stabs , "Sorry, Aadhya, but I don't feel the same way about you. I don't see you as anything more than a junior-a little girl with a silly crush."
Each syllable was a dagger to my heart, tearing apart the fragile hope I had nurtured within me.
In that moment, something inside me broke. The pain of rejection flooded my senses, drowning out any remnants of self-respect or dignity.