60

The girl blinked her aquamarine eyes innocently, her index finger tapping her cheek as she pondered how to explain the situation to them.

"Although I am blind, I can see the world more clearly than ever. I just need some time to get used to it, so don't worry," Freya said with a smile, casually waving her hand.

The rest let out a sigh of relief, yet Caiden's mood remained solemn. He asked carefully, feeling his heart throb with pain. His watery eyes, coated with tears and reddened at the ends, searched for reassurance. "What are you now? Are you still going to be devoured by the demon realm?"

If she was going to leave him again, he would go insane. She had no idea how much he longed to destroy the demon realm the moment she passed.

Yet a string of rationality held him back. She had sacrificed herself for the demon realm she loved so much, sacrificed herself to keep them all safe and alive. His actions would render all her efforts futile, and evaporate like water vapors.

His words made the others cautious again, their eyes all turned towards Freya simultaneously. Arche's back straightened subconsciously as he held his daughter's hands, they were not fading away, but it was too early to let his guard down.

Freya couldn't help but avoid their gazes, her nose feeling sour. With a stern yet genuine gaze, she said, "I have become Fate. It just means I have more work to do. I'll be able to live for a long time. I won't leave this time."

Luca's brows furrowed. "Then what has become of the former Fate? Will he come back to harm you?"

Freya shrugged, complicated feelings swirling in her eyes. "I wonder too, but I doubt he'll come back."

She recalled Fate's peaceful smile before she woke up, falling into a reverie. She never thought that the arrogant man would also be in pain.

The man closed his eyes with fatigue. "I tried to prevent you from ending up like me, but you proved me wrong. You were able to protect them."

Freya was pulled into this realm filled with white lilies after her memories returned to her. Although she hoped to see her family the moment she opened her eyes, she didn't complain.

Freya was silent, allowing him to continue. Fate let out a self-deprecating chuckle. "I did the exact same thing as you when I was the Lord of the Demon Realm, yet I couldn't protect those dear to me. Rewinding time again and again didn't work out.

I thought cutting off your feelings for them from the start would save you from the pain I experienced. Now that Alexander is the next Lord, I hope you do not repeat my mistakes as Fate."

Freya acknowledged his words. Her eyelashes fluttered with the uneasiness of her heart; she knew she had to say it before it was too late. She had a feeling they would never meet again.

Her eyes drooped. "Although I am still unhappy with you killing my loved ones for several lifetimes, I'm sorry for killing you when you were the Lord of the Demon Realm."

When she was the Lord of the Heavenly Realm, she did not hesitate to destroy the man. After all, he threatened the peace of the three realms; it was her duty.

However, she had to admit she envied the love he received from those around him, and even more so, the love he was able to give back. She had been cold and ruthless.

Fate's eyes widened before he let out a dry chuckle. "So you remembered. I should thank you for killing me. If I wanted to live on, you wouldn't have been able to kill me."

Freya nodded in response. After all, the power of both Lords from the two realms was equal in strength. Killing one another was no easy task.

The man lay down and explained, "I was already in agony when the Fate from our time killed my loved ones, yet I was unable to end my agony. You were the one who ended my pain in that moment."