3 | Nothing left to give

✩ ✩ ✩
Grayson

"How was your day?" Charlotte asks me as we walk towards the restaurant, our fingers intertwined.

"Good" I stifle a sigh, nothing has been good in my life for years. Her fingers lightly stoke my forearm causing my body to stiffen up.

I've never been a fan of physical touch.

"Why are you so tense?" She interrogates, I remain silent hoping the night will move faster.

Time feels slow these days. It feels like a loop that I can't get out of, and then my mind betrays me with the image of her face. The face that belonged to the girl who I said I loved and then left that night with her bag packed.

Did she ever look back? It's a question that's haunted me for years on end.

"Did Dominic do something?" She asks, mentioning my high school friend who unfortunately has seen me through all my upside downs.

Who saw me with her.

People come and go, that's life. Something I have had to get entirely to comfortable with. My father, My best friend, the girl I loved.

I was stupid to think that I could have a happy ending.

Although I find it ironic how Charlotte brought up Dom as she hates him with everything she has in her due to his behaviour. However I do know that the hatred goes both ways for them.

"I'm fine" I utter, we enter the restaurant that I've been coming to for years, catching sight of the woman I come here for.

"Hey Mum." Charlotte releases her tight grip of my hand as I bend down to press a kiss on my mothers cheek. Her soft eyes narrow up at me, assessing my outfit.

"What are you doing here?" Her question is answered when Charlotte reveals herself from behind me, my mother tries to hide the grimace off her face but it's too late.

Lily Allen was never a huge fan of Charlotte, and that says a lot due to the fact that she usually is a huge fan of everyone. Though I've refused to hear her out on this, at the risk of her healthcare my relationship with Charlotte most pull through.

My parents were never married, I was an accident that happened from a one night stand.

The media devoured at the story for months after I was born, 'the billionaire boy himself having a baby with a nothing!' was the headline everywhere. So to soothe it down my mother eventually had to give up her last name, though it barely did anything other than create more speculations since they weren't married.

But despite everything I know my father is still in love with her, in his own fucked up sense which I refuse to accept, she deserves the world not his fucked up excuse as love.

"Hello Charlotte"
"Lily." She gives a curt nod in greeting, my mothers eyes gleaming with...something.

A waiter comes by collecting us and leading us towards our table. My eyes roam the space of my mothers restaurant she got a few years ago.

The place used to be abandoned and when I was in high school this was our spot, on the roof, me and Finn's. We would have a joint, or a drink and the night would slowly fade away but we knew we had each other.

I freeze in my tracks as my gaze fixes upon a few feet away, drawn by the sight of the familiar brown hair. My heart halts, echoing the sudden stillness of my feet.

She can't have come back. She wouldn't. But the familiar scent of bubblegum and vanilla erupt my senses throwing me off. Charlotte tugs my hand but I don't turn to her.

My mind takes control of my body as I do the one thing I have been doing in my mind every damn day since she left.

I call to her. "Star?"

Her shoulders stiffen, slowly she turns around and my next breath catches in my throat.

She's here. Kassia is here. She's real and she looks so fucking gorgeous its breathtaking, I knew she was gorgeous back then but now...fuck.

Her olive skin glistens in the dark lighting of the restaurant, her wavy hair framing the delicate features of her face. But her eyes are what I catch onto, the hollowness of them.

Finn used to joke that she was adopted, his dirty blonde features always used to compliment her dark features.

"Hi Gray." She whispers, I want to take her into my arms and never let her go but I don't, the familiar feeling of betrayal bites at me from the sight of her.

Her gaze slips between mine and Charlotte who has positioned herself next to me, glaring down at Kassia. I look over her and catch gazes with Beau, her dad.

I see him now and then, I always greet him and he always starts a conversation and I indulge. He was the closest I had to a father figure growing up. Now he is grinning up at me, not like all the other times.

I snap back to reality then, I look over at Kassia once more. I feel an ache in my chest. She stares back at me, we stay there for a moment. Wondering if any of it was even true.

"Don't." I grit out,

With one last look I grab Charlottes hand in mine ignoring Kassia flinch, I lead us out.

Not turning back when I hear my mum call my name.

I was seventeen when she broke my heart, I won't let it happen again.

✩ ✩ ✩

Kinda hate this chapter, I think I wrote it badly...

anyway I know it might not make sense but all will make sense with time!!