CHAPTER 17

From now Chapters will be little long , enjoy reading !)

ABHIMANYU'S POV

As I approached the dining room, the air was thick with curiosity. Everyone seemed to be bombarding my little moon with questions about her parents. My heart echoed their queries; I too was desperate to unravel the mystery about how she ended up here because as per I know anvay uncle told me that we losted the connection after me and Zayn both arrived here then how.

I watched her, my little moon, her discomfort palpable. She fidgeted under the collective gaze, and I felt a protective surge. Stepping forward, I intercepted the barrage of questions. "She's from Bangalore," I declared confidently. "Her parents run an event management company there."

The room's tension dissolved into idle chatter, but it was short-lived.

Because of my two idiot bestfriends arrival.

Neil took a seat beside me, and Aarohi joined little moon. I tried to focus on my meal, to hide my growing interest, but it was futile.

Aarohi's next words caught everyone off guard. "akshara you were talking about joining a company have you prepared for interview"

A job?

Why would she need a job when I'm here for her?

My mind taunted me "But she thinks you hate her , you big dumbaas and she don't want to be a burden".

I nearly choked on my water when akshara mentioned the company's name. "Shekhawat and Co." I spluttered internally. No, that won't do.

She can't work there.

Atharva is suchaaa a Playboy.

I won't let my little moon work there.

She'll work with me, I resolved.

Rising to my feet, I made my announcement, my voice leaving no room for debate. "She will work as my PA. I want to keep an eye on her."

Protests arose, but a single glare from me quelled them. With the matter settled, I stormed out, leaving no space for further discussion.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Next day

I left my office, the weight of the day still clinging to my shoulders. Akshara arrived ten minutes later, her presence like a breath of fresh air.

The day unfolded with a chaotic rhythm, punctuated by unexpected twists.

Firstly, that insufferable Srushti Oberoi waltzed in.

Oh, how I longed to strangle her with my bare hands!

But my little lioness—sharp, fierce—handled her with grace.