𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1...⚜𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒...

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮.
𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 3 2024.

                           ~𝚃𝙾𝚂𝙸~

The air felt...strange inside the wide white themed office. Mrs Eno, my therapist was seated in front of me and my dad with a neutral smile on her face as she stared at me intensely.

"can she stop using her drugs for now"My dad asked the woman who was seated in front of us. The woman in question just removed her glasses before opening her mouth.

"That's not for me to say. Mr Ayo. Tosi here isn't opening up to me. She's always looking at her watch whenever we have a session. I don't think she's ready yet" she draws in a breath. " we have to wait till she finally decides to open up to me. That's all i have to say for now."Mrs Eno explained before looking at me.

"What can be done," My dad shifted closer to the table." I mean what can we do to make her open up"

She folded her hands on the wooden table in front of her,"I can't really say sir. We just have to wait till she's ready."

My dad's hand slammed the table making The Chubby woman to flinch a little. " wait till she's ready? That's all you therapists have been saying since she was twelve " he narrowed his brows." Are you all programmed to say the same things? Aren't you supposed to do everything in your power to make her communicate with you?"

"Sir. All what you have just said, lies in your daughter" she pointed at me." She needs to communicate with me freely for me to be able to help"

I didn't really have anything to say. I wasn't one to narrate my life story to others.

I wasn't looking at my dad but i could tell he was staring at me, he was really spending a lot to have one of the best therapist in Nigeria and i just stare at each other for two hours.

The AC in the room was really unbearable, it was like a refrigerator in here and no one seem to be complaining about that, instead they were only interested in my life history.

My dad ran his hand through his face before looking at me, then at Mrs Eno." School is resuming on Monday, am not sure the sessions can be done on a school day. How about every weekend" he suggested.

Thank you dad.

"Fine by me sir,"she shrugged, turning to me." I just hope she learns how to open up."

Probably never.

"Okay then." My dad stood up arranging his chair close to the table."thank you for you time, Mrs Eno. We'll talk on the phone if there's anything else."

Mrs Eno stood up." Okay sir" she brought her hands forward for an handshake.

My chair screech on the floor as i stood up, walking to the door before my dad. I reached for the headset on my neck in an attempt to cover my ears with it.

"Byee Tosi. See you next time" That was the last thing i heard her said as my headset covered my ears fully.

Outside the office was filled with  people sitting on the waiting chair close to the office. They all had an appointment with Mrs Eno.

Yes, she was that popular.

That was probably one of the reasons My dad thought she would be different from the rest. She or the other therapist weren't the problem, i was.

I didn't want to open up to them.

I didn't want them to look at me like i was crazy.

I didn't want to be used as a sympathy case.