Chapter 2

Is this love at first sight or....

Adhiraj

Blood

Blood

Blood

Everywhere I look is just blood of the people I tortured. Monster is what they call me, some people say that I'm heartless.
It is true though I'm a monster and about heart ,it's just complicated.

The man infront of me right now, he tried to kill me. ME. Funny how he thought that he could kill Me. But I guess he didn't knew that I'm called monster for a reason. I caught him before he could even start his so called stupid plan.

I'm the king of underworld. Nothing goes unnoticed by me. I have eyes and ears everywhere. My people are loyal to me and that's the thing I'm most proud of. Although they do fear me but their respect for me is above everything. My big brother is the King of Rajasthan. He is my idol, my best friend, always there for me. Only he, ma and papa know about me being in mafia.

No one really knows my real identity, I'm named as shadow by my enemies because I'm always in the shadows.

After torturing the guy and satisfying the beast in me I went back to the villa. I don't call it home. I don't even live there anymore, I have an apartment of my own and I live there.

As I go inside I watch all the chaos going on. My big brother is getting married. I'm happy for him, he is happy and that is all that matters to me.

I greet ma and papa by taking their blessings. I don't talk unless it's necessary. Then I move to the stairs to go to the room in which I stay whenever I come here. While going through the corridor I was checking my emails when something collided with me or rather someone.
She was going to fall but I caught her in my arms before that. Her eyes were closed as she was expecting to touch the ground. And me, I was just lost. She looked cute like that.

Wait
What
CUTE??

Where the hell did that come from.

She opened her eyes. Dark brown eyes. She widened her eyes like a little kitten as she realised she didn't fall and I was holding her. She cleared her throat and I stood straight with her and left her. She said," I'm so sorry I was not looking where I was going". She looked at me and I nodded. Then she said, " sorry again ". And went away. I was just standing and looking at her disappearing figure. I wondered who she was. Maybe she was from the bride's side as they were staying here for Sangeet which was today.

Shaking my head I went in the room and got ready. After I went to backyard where every function was held , I saw her. In a pink dress. Only one word came to my mind. Gorgeous.

Whole function my eyes were only on her. The way she was smiling, laughing, dancing, taking selfies, and just everything about her. When she was petting ma's dog and talking in baby voice , a smile almost came on my lips. But I controlled. I don't know what's happening with me. This is not good, I shouldn't be looking at her or thinking about her.

But I didn't know that she would become my WIFE.

On wedding day ,dadi's health deteriorated. When she wanted to talk with me I didn't expected her to say this. " You are getting married to Ira. I don't want to hear any arguments about this , I don't know how much time I have , before dying let me see you get married", she said.
I said," why her?". To which she smiled and said, " For the first time I saw you looking at a girl with so much interest. Did you actually thought I wouldn't notice". "But what about her?", I asked. She said," With time everything will be fine."

And that's how we got married.

When vidai came she cried a lot. I didn't like it. I didn't like those tears in her eyes. After everything I took her to my apartment as we are going to stay there only. We didn't talk the whole ride ,but I held her in my hand tightly to let her know that I'm with her.

After coming in the apartment I told her stay at the doorstep because I wanted to welcome her properly as a bride,but she got startled I don't know why. I called ma and she told me how to do everything and I did just as that. After that I took her to our room.

She was looking at the room with an awe like a kitten. I told her to get changed and again she got startled,I guess it's because I talked. I went to the closet and got changed. After that I went to the kitchen and got the plates and the food was already prepared as I had ordered while we were coming here.
I took the food and arranged everything on the coffee table. She came out of the closet and I gestured her to sit.
Dinner went in silence. I took the plates in the kitchen. And went back in the room and saw her in the balcony. I went behind her and saw her looking at the moon. Her face glowing in the moonlight. I went ahead and stood beside her.
She said," I guess we should talk". I knew we needed to talk about everything that happened and what will happen from now.

But

First time in my life I'm nervous. What if she didn't want to give this marriage a chance. When we were taking the seven pheras I promised myself that I will always protect her, be there for her, I don't know about love but I'll always take care of her, be loyal to her, trust her. My life is very dark but I will not let even a bit of it even touch her.

So to avoid this question for now, I said, "It's been a long day, let's just sleep for now, we will talk about this tomorrow". I wanted to soften my voice a bit for her but it came out cold as always.

She said okay and we went back in room. She was looking at the bed. I realised she must be thinking about where to to sleep. I didn't want her to be uncomfortable with me. So I said," If you are uncomfortable I can sleep in another room". Although I don't want to but her comfort is my priority. I want her to be comfortable with me.
She said," it's okay this is your room, you should stay here. I will go to another room". I didn't like when she said your room." This is our room", I said. I didn't wanted to sound so harsh but I just couldn't control it and said it without even thinking.

" Yes our room but I just don't want you to be uncomfortable", she said hesitantly. But I'm not uncomfortable with her. I don't think I can ever be uncomfortable with her. I needed her to know this. So I went close to her and said, " I can never be uncomfortable with you biwi" . This biwi word gave a weird feeling. A good weird feeling.

She was looking nervous now and I liked that I had an effect on her.
She cleared her throat and said," the bed looks big enough for us, you don't need to go to another room, just sleep on your side and I will on mine. It wouldn't be a problem I guess?" And I nodded.
She got on the bed and made a pillow wall and layed down. Looking at the pillow wall I was amused and again a smile almost came to my lips. I went and layed down.

Sleep was far away from me. I always have a hard time to sleep. I only get 3-4 hours of sleep. Some time later I looked at her. Her slow breathing indicated that she is in deep sleep.

I kept looking at her. My wife. My kitten. Just mine now and forever. I will never let her go away from me now. I don't know if it's obsession that I feel towards her. Because I know it's not love , I can never love. I'm feeling possesive, like I want her for my eyes only. I'm just like this though, if something is mine, it's just mine.

I don't know what the future holds for us but I'm never letting her go, never letting her leave Me.

_______________________________________

Do vote and comment 🤗