2.

RHEA's POV:

"We're here! Oh, sweet Canada! I'm so glad to be home!" Coco screeched as she threw her hands in the air. She took a deep breath in the air, enjoying the solid ground and not being in the air. We landed in British Columbia and were currently standing at the pick-up terminal.

After getting picked up, we'd need to drive through the woods and pass the barrier to get to the pack house.

The flight was long, and I was tired. A small human child continuously kicked the back of my seat, and I endured it as if my wolf wanted to put them in their place. The person related to the child seemed to be their mother. She was on her phone and paid no mind to what he was doing, which angered me profusely.

Sighing, I reached into the air and did a big stretch. 

Watching Coco made me realize something, and I wanted to get back at her for leaving me bored to death. I smirked, the corners of my lips turning into a smile. " I hate to interrupt your party, Coco, but you have a little drool in the corner there. Also, I think your makeup is smeared. You look like the clown you are," I said, pointing to the edge of her mouth and at her face.

Coco stopped moving and stared at me with wide eyes, "What? Where? Why didn't you tell me earlier, Rhea? Oh god! Help me! I don't want Azrael to see me like this!"

We were waiting for Azrael, Coco's mate, to pick us up. It was a long battle for them to be together when I was younger. They managed to sort everything out in the end, and now they've never been in love more. Honestly, with the shit Azrael did back then to Coco, I wasn't even sure I'd forgive him myself. Eventually, he made up to her, and I'm thankful he's Coco's mate.

I admired my hands, looking at my non-existent ring on the ring finger. A sad thought arose, but I shook it off, continuing with the act. "Shouldn't have left me bored to death with those humans then, huh, Coco?"

She glared at me, "Is this a prank?"

"What, no. Course not. Why would I do something like that to my best friend?" I say with a hint of sarcasm.

"Ohh, come here, you!" She growled at me playfully before deciding to chase me in small circles. Truthfully, her makeup was perfect, and she didn't drool. Maybe just a little drool, but it wasn't a lot like how I exaggerated.

It was like that for a while until a deep voice interrupted our fun.

"I see you haven't changed."

Coco froze at the voice before turning around slowly to face him.

"Azrael?" She whispered out.

I diverted my attention to what she was looking at, and sure enough, it was Coco's mate. He was tall, with grey eyes and brown hair. Azrael was well-muscled, and everything about him screamed perfect. Then again, all werewolves were beautiful or handsome, even naturally fit.

Coco, on the other hand, had hazel eyes and brunette hair. She was 28 while Azrael was 29.

The moon goddess made everyone blessed with good looks, like damn. I knew the humans were screaming on the sidelines about how lucky we were. We look like human beings ourselves, but little do they know we're supernatural beings. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice how Coco zoomed to be with her mate.

Coco launched herself into her mate's arms and burst into tears. They haven't seen each other for six months, so it's been hard for both. Being apart from your mate is torture. You're missing your other half, and the yearning becomes strong. There is no you without the other.

Soon after, they started kissing and whispering sweet things to each other. I didn't mind, but after a while, they started making out, and it started getting a bit too heated. Jesus Christ may as well make a sex tape with the amount of touching they're doing.

"Okay, I hate to break the reunion but restrain from having sex in a public area. Seriously, the humans are staring at us." I complain with a whisper, just enough for the two of them to hear.

Azrael and Coco broke apart reluctantly, their eyes pitch black.

With a wink from Azrael to Coco and the word, later, from her, I knew they would be going down and doing the dirty after arriving at the pack house—these damn horny wolves. I'm the single one here!

"My poor virgin eyes... it's like Twilight in action, only that it's way worse,' I complained, rubbing my temples.

Maybe this resembles Fifty Shades of Grey?

'You'll understand when you meet our mate,' Daphne replied softly.

I clicked my tongue when Daphne said that.

Yeah, if we meet him.

***

After another three hours of driving, we arrived at our destination.

I was now beyond exhausted and just wanted to doze off. Azrael and Coco scurried off elsewhere, probably making up for lost time. Ahh, it must be nice not to be single in our lonely world.

Shrugging it off, I enter the complex with my luggage. It was beautiful, almost like a classic celebrity mansion. Just how I remembered the pack house. It was the replica of the pack house many years ago, before the fire. I haven't been here since my parents passed away.

It would soon be their tenth anniversary since their deaths. I wish they were here right now because they were the only reason I returned. To honor them and pray respect to their graves. Sadness overcame my being before I shook it off. Honestly, there was no time for that yet.

Heading to the corner of the pack house that housed the dorms, I found my old room. Holding my breath, I turned the knob and braced myself. My bed was almost the same as I had left it, but I could tell the bedding had changed. I sniffed the air, realizing it was Azrael who changed it.

I am glad he's Coco's mate. Cornelius was such an asswipe. Just having his name in my thoughts made me want to vomit. I sighed, dropping my duffel bags in the corner of my room. The rest of my stuff should arrive soon since it's being shipped. I decided to move back into the pack house since it had already been ten years. I couldn't stay grieving over my parent's death. Instead, I can be closer to them this way.

I buried my face into the pillow, and just when I started to doze off, my stomach growled, demanding food. I can't sleep on an empty stomach.

Groaning, I sat up and went downstairs to the kitchen. What a mistake. I mentally facepalmed again after I forgot my phone. As a habit, I cracked one of my knuckles but went upstairs back to my room. As I trotted up the stairs, a particular scent hit me like a brick. Their scent smelled like Versace Eros, something I now favor. It was woody, almost like cedar wood. Fresh, and had a hint of vanilla. Daphne started pacing back and forth, relentless by the smell. She was drunk on it.

The scent was overpowering the closer I got to the top of the stairs. It was coming from the following two floors up. It was too addicting, and my wolf begged me to follow whoever it came from. Why didn't I notice it before? Whoever it was, they just got back from patrolling.

I followed the intoxicating scent, which led to the Alpha's office. I blinked, debating if I really wanted to see Ouranos or not. It's been a bit awkward since my parents passed away. Shoving aside my feelings, I pressed on. My heart pounded faster as I approached the doorknob, and my anxiousness started to fill my entire being. Daphne's cries got louder and louder.

Before my hand could reach the knob, the door wrenched open with a bang. I looked up and met the color of sky-blue eyes.

By this point, Daphne was going haywire.

'MATE! MATE! MATE!' she screamed out.

My breathing hitched, and my eyes dilated in disbelief.

No way...

"K-Kronos...?"