Prologue: Nightmare

"You're lying."

A firework flew up into the dark sky, and exploded. And then a sigh. "How many more times do I have to say it before you believe me? Your father's dead." Said a woman as more fireworks flew into the sky.

A younger voice spoke out. "I'm not a child anymore! You guys got divorced, right? I already knew that. Today is also..." But the girl got cut off by the stern-sounding older woman. "Is this why you're going to Hazlitt?"

"I'm not a kid anymore." The girl said, clutching her hand tightly. The scene changed to the same girl, on a diving board, in front of a pool as the words she was speaking were still sounding. "You can't tell me what I can or can't do. I will decide everything for myself." The girl on the diving board put her hands straight to both her sides. Her eyes were closed, but then they opened as the girl's echoing voice said, "I'm going to school in Hazlitt!"

The scene changed back to the dark, firework show, with the girl clutching the wooden railing, before releasing it. Then the voice of the woman came. "Then go. I always knew... this day would come."

The girl's eyes widened as she saw this huge tsunami, swirling towards them, but the woman kept on speaking. "It's just that I never wanted to believe it." The tsunami kept on getting worse and worse, almost like it was lifting off of the ground. The sea looked uneasy, waves coming in. Inside the tsunami was a cube, almost looking as if the tsunami was protecting it from danger.

The scene changed back to her on the diving board as she leaped and fell into the pool, with the mother's words behind it. "Go start your new life..." Then the scene changed back to the tsunami, as it started to come down on the city. "A life without me."

Then it changed again to the girl under the sea, as the mother's past words echoed. "I'm not going to let you go to Hazlitt." Then it changed yet again to a house, where the woman and girl were on opposing sides of a table. "Don't even think about it."

The girl grew furious and slammed her hands on the table. "You never understood me! What I like or what I really want!" She stormed to the door, holding its handle. "Also, I hate green peppers! I've said it so many times!" And then, the door slammed shut as the scene changed back to the water, bubbles appearing. And then the voice of another girl. "Come on out!" The older looking girl was there, by the pool, holding her hand out. "You've been holding your breath for too long!"

Then an older woman spoke, a woman who was sitting in a chair by the pool. "It wasn't easy for your mother to raise you by herself. Go talk to her. Try to be more considerate, okay?"

Then the scene changed, but this time... it was different. An unknown girl was there, speaking, on a white screen. "Obsession sometimes is a scary thing." Then it changed again to a clock. Tik, tok, tik, tok. As then everything from before was flashing, until the tsunami was going to hit the city. The girl looked scared as she looked towards the huge tsunami, and then it zoomed into her eyes, before showing her, in the ocean, holding one hand high, as if she was reaching out for something.

The voice of the unknown girl from before spoke. "An obsession so strong, it becomes your armor..."

The girl was down, at the bottom of the sea. But she looked.. different, even as she was in a fetal position. Her appearance changed. She didn't look.. human, if the tail didn't give it away.

"...trapping you forever." Were the final words of the unknown girl.