𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝑖𝑚𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦

The tavern was loud

The tavern was loud.

Noises came in all directions. People screamed and yelled over card games.

Cups clanging together from people cheersing or just drunkenly slamming them on the table.

The floor was sticky and the tables were no cleaner than the ground outside.

But as Hook and Polaris walked in, it was like the entire world had gone silent.

Many of the patrons immediately recognized Hook but none had ever seen anyone as beautiful as the girl standing at his side.

Polaris stood there uncertain if the sudden quiet and staring were normal or not.

Hook quickly wrapped an arm around her waist as he led her to a table near the back. As they sat down, the chatter slowly started up again.

"Why is everyone looking at you?" she asked.

"Not me, love. It's you no one can take their eyes from" he told her.

"Me? Why? What have I done?" she asked.

"Well, most people here live their lives out on the sea. I suppose there's a part of you that's a bit recognizable" he said.

"I don't understand," she said.

"You know you're a lot more than just a wishing star right?" he asked, shocked when she shook her head.

"There's something that any good sailor knows. When you're lost, you need to find north again, you look for the brightest star in the sky. The North Star" he said.

"Me?" she asked.

Hook nodded. "You've been guiding sailors home for millennia," he said.

"I didn't realize. Have I helped you?" she asked.

"Many times," he told her.