→ 𝐈.𝐕𝐈

.

ACT I
CHAPTER VI

purple meets purple

AS PERCY is being saved, majorly saved by Nico from the angry god

AS PERCY is being saved, majorly saved by Nico from the angry god. Elowyn still sends looks of disdain into the back of the half-blood, the disrespect almost making her puke.

"Percy," Chiron acts fast, "Go with Thalia to the buildings and let the campers know we are having a match of capture the flag tomorrow evening."

"Capture the flag?" the boy says unsure, "but we are not with enough..."

"It is tradition," Chiron interrupts, "a friendly match whenever the huntresses visit camp."

"Well," Thalia mutters, "very friendly indeed." Sending a glare to the red head present.

Chiron looks at Mr D who still listens to Nico telling him about how many defense points the gods have in his game. "Quick," Chiron says to them.

"Oh, okay," Thalia drags Percy away, "Come with me Percy."

It doesn't take long for Mr D to send Nico off, who leaves with Grover to the Hermes's building.

"Chiron," Mr D acknowledges the centaur, "could you please leave us alone?"

"Of course," Chiron smiles at the huntress that had not moved since sitting down again.

"Hello father," Elowyn smiles and gets up from her chair to walk to the god.

"My child," Dionysus opens his arms and welcomes the huntress into a warm embrace. "How have you been my darling?" A smile of content on his face.

"I have been good," a small smile covers Elowyn's face, happy to be reunited with her father even if it is for a short time. "Only stumbled into the Labyrinth one time as you know."

"I know," Dionysus sighs, "your stepmother is very sorry." His eyes twinkle at the mention of his wife.

"Tell her that I love her," the red head gives her father a smile, "Ariadne has been nothing but good to me, and it is not her fault." She shakes her head, "and stop calling her stepmother, I see her as my mother. You know that papa."

The father takes his daughter's hand in his own, "Ariadne loves you as if you were her own child as well." He kisses Elowyn's temple, "and I love you very much."

"I love you as well, father," Elowyn leans into Dionysus, "I am very happy that I can see you in real life again and that it isn't in a dream."

"So am I, so am I," Mr D looks unlike how he usually looks. "Come, I'll walk you to the door. I think your sisters are waiting for you."

"I'll see you later," Elowyn smiles as Dionysus opens the door, greeting them with cold air. "I love you. My brothers are not present, right?" The god nods his head.

"They are not, and I love you more Elowyn Winter," Dionysus smiles at his daughter's retreating figure, his annoyance to the other hunters long forgotten.

...

Elowyn skips happily to where she knows the cabins are. On her way there, she is met by the sight of a few of her sisters in a heated discussion with a few campers and Thalia. The skipping stops as the red head runs over to the situation by the field. Thalia looks annoyed at the presence of yet another huntress.

"Come on Naomi," Elowyn steps in between her sister and a boy camper. "Look at me." She pays no attention to the boys behind her, "why don't you show me with who I am sharing the bunk bed?" Elowyn lays her arm around her sister's shoulder.

"Serves her right," the boy snickers to his brother, "she is no match to a son of Ares."

A flash of red is followed by a smack. Elowyn shakes her hand out, her eyes burning into the son of Ares with a purple hue around her irises.

All three sons of Ares have their hands on their swords now that one of them has a bloody nose. The huntresses excluding Elowyn almost ready their bows as Thalia tries to keep them apart.

Fire seems to be spewing out of Elowyn's ears, "do not disrespect my sister like that." Her glare holding the boy's with ease, "you will see how much of a threat she is to you tomorrow evening when we will crush you all to the ground."

With that she redirects her sisters away from the campers, giving Thalia a sad smile.

That evening the huntresses sit together at their table, they have the most people. And as the rules say, you are not allowed to sit at a table that is not for your parent. Truly sad for those who are always alone like Percy and Thalia, but now in the cold December also for those whose siblings are all at their mortal parent's home or at school.

Zoë sits on the head of the table as a matriarch, overseeing all her sisters and smiling every now and then. Her silvern diadem shines in the candle lights through her dark braids. The red head sits closets to their lieutenant, making her smile as she talks animatedly about something.

"Zoë, I swear," Elowyn is barely able talk due to her laughter, making her sister laugh even more. "I heard a crack," she scoffs, "I did break his nose."

"How irresponsible of you," the lieutenant's smile teasing as she takes a sip of her water.

Bianca looks even nicer now that she is smiling, enjoying her time with her new sisters. Naomi trying to teach their newest sister how to arm wrestle, but with all her experience she wins over and over again, not that Bianca minds it.

"Tonight, we toast on the gods," Chiron starts as he looks around the pavilion, "welcome to the huntresses of Artemis." There barely is any applause at his welcome. "And as tradition, tomorrow evening we will have a friendly game of capture the flag against the huntresses." More cheering at that announcement, the excitement of an old game of capture the flag giving the campers something to look forward to.

As the huntresses walk back to their cabin they are in a fit of laughter, even without their Lady Artemis they look very intimidating. Elowyn walks next to Bianca, sharing the same height. With their peppy steps, their red and brown hair interlace and unlace again.

"I am happy you joined us," Elowyn grins at her newest sister, "we desperately needed new blood." Trouble dancing in her eyes at the same time as purple specks.

"Don't listen to her," Phoebe butts in, "she is just trying to get you to join her plans of mischief." She shakes her head, "you are lucky Zoë likes you so much," her eyes on Elowyn who grins playfully, "otherwise I am sure she would have killed you personally."

"You wound me darling Phoebe," more laughter lines appearing on her face, "I would never. I am way to amazing to be killed, don't be such a buzzkill."

At this more huntresses laugh, a small smile tugging at the lieutenant's lips at the truth of Phoebe's words. If it was anyone else of the huntresses, she would have complained to their Lady how unfit she was to be a huntress, but not with Elowyn. Not with her darling sister Elowyn.