chapter-5

"one potential bride has proven herself to be unworthy of the prince. The young lady I shall be asking to leave is...."the king was about to declare the name just then another lady standing near sophia interupted.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be to you all! I never wanted to come to Castile, my parents forced me even though they knew I have a boyfriend.... I'm so sorry for putting you through this, i just want to go home to my boyfriend.... please"the lady said and started crying, everyone else standing there got shocked after listening.

"She has a boyfriend?!"sophia thought surprisingly.

"I....I....."the king was confused as what to do next.
"Of course, lady lenore...you are unworthy of my son, prince theodred,as you are in love with another, you are no longer considered an eligible bride you must leave the palace now, let as all return to the ball."the king declared angrily.

"Father, may i have a moment?"prince theo asked irritatedly

"Of course,son"the king replied and everyone else returned to the ball expect theo and sophia.

"You didn't plan to send lenore home, I saw the way you were looking at sophia...you promised you would judge her fairly."theo said angrily

"Just because she's dressed like a lady doesn't make her one....she doesn't belong in our world, theo."the king justified.

"You're wrong and I'm going to prove it to you"theo said angrily.

"Look at her, father....she came here for me.... Sophia is a lady and she's worthy of my heart."theo said emotionally while pointing at sophia.

Sophia passed a gentle smile.

"She does seem kind, theodred"the king replied

"It's been a long day... let's all return to the ball and not cause any further drama"the king changed the topic and end the conversation.

The king went from there, while theo moves towards sophia.

"Sophia,would you accompany me?"theo asked.

"Back into the ball?"sophia enquired

"No, I need some air, would you like to see the gardens?"theo answered in a tired tone.

"Yes, of course"she replied

Both of them went into the garden

"Wow! Look at all the lights!"sophia got excited

"Yes, the palace gardens are lit up at night....let me show you "

Theo holds Sophia's hand and started moving towards the garden.