𖦹 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- 03 𖦹

Playlist: https://spotify

Playlist: https://spotify.link/yXWMeIY5KIb

"Do you mind me asking why you asked for those conditions? You know very well that your father will accept them easily

"Do you mind me asking why you asked for those conditions? You know very well that your father will accept them easily." The man asked after a long time while we rode to his penthouse.

Yes. I had left my home. There wasn't much to take anyway. After I had provoked Rachel, she had thrown a vase at me. It scratched my forehead and started bleeding. Damn. That would leave a scar. I saw her trembling with anger. Since I was done there, I immediately told the man that I would move in with him. He was surprised but he agreed. When Rick was about to protest, he stepped forward and told that now that I had accepted him as my fiance he had no longer ties with me. I felt giddy in that moment. But the feeling also faded away when my mother begged me to stay.

"I don't want to lose both of my daughters to your father's plans." She had said to me. I had jerked back when she had tried to hug me.

"You don't need to remind yourself that you have two daughters. Just pretend, like always, that you had one daughter. Stay mute like all these years. You'll never change. And you can't." I had spit the words in her face. She had flinched not from me, but from the words. I had then wordlessly left the house taking no more than my phone.

It was funny how I had no ties attached to the house, nothing to take with me. I realized this was never my home.

Back in the present time, I thought about the question. I didn't know if I could trust this man, given he had a deal with my father. And I didn't know what the deal was. I touched the band aid on my forehead.

"I don't even know your name. So, stop poking your nose in my family feud." I snickered.

"To think you are the daughter of CEO Wilsonville and you don't know who the prime investor of Serenity is." He smirked. He was having his fun teasing me.

"Mr.Walker, I might not be interested in business, but I am not ignorant. Kindly refrain from making judgements when you are in the wrong." Narcissistic bastard! He thought the whole world revolved around him just because he had money? He never showed his face in the social events. Even if I didn't attend all of the events, I at least greeted them privately through some other convenient time. This man had never entertained such things and he dared to say that-