Chapter 13

An hour later, Chase sat curled up in a bath full of bubbles with Wren's chest against his back. The warm water and Wren's hand gently running up his arm was slowly bringing him back to reality, though everything still felt so fuzzy and soft. In the end, Wren edged him seven times before Chase could finally shut himself up enough to stop tacking more on. And after that, well, he'd most definitely made good on his promise. At some point, Wren had also carried him upstairs and started the bath, but he wasn't completely sure what had happened between the fourth time he came and the current moment. Most of it was a blur, but as of now, he was too relaxed to care. When Wren wrapped his arms around Chase and pulled him closer, he practically melted into him. 

"You in there?" Wren asked, resting his chin on the boy's shoulder as he realized he'd been staring blankly at the wall with a small smile on his face for probably a little longer than he should have. He just chuckled softly when Chase nodded. 

"I'm good," Chase murmured, slightly slurring his words. 

"That's my boy," Wren said softly, pressing kisses along his shoulder. "I didn't know subspace could hit you this hard." 

"Hm?"

"Oh it's uh...it's like a natural high, a lot of marathon runners get something similar," he said and Chase gave a small hum of acknowledgment. "but there's usually a comedown, which is why it's important to leave time for aftercare." 

"Does that mean I don't get aftercare if I don't get subspace..?" he asked, holding one of Wren's hands to play with his fingers absentmindedly. 

"No, I'll never refuse you aftercare," Wren said softly, smiling as he watched Chase run his smaller fingers over the veins in his hands, twisting the ring on his forefinger. "I know we did a lot tonight, and you didn't tell me to stop, but did you feel safe for all of it?"

"I always feel safe with you," Chase said, smiling brightly when Wren kissed the top of his head and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"God, you're so adorable, I could just-" Wren peppered kisses down his cheek to his neck, making Chase squeak softly and giggle. 

"C-Cahareful, that tickles!" He realized what he'd said when Wren stopped for a moment, and Chase could feel him grin against his neck. 

"Mouse, why am I only just now finding out about this?" Wren asked teasingly as he wrapped his arms tighter around him,  pulling a quiet shriek from the boy as he dug his fingers into his sides and nuzzled his neck. 

"Wren, wait, d-don't! F-Fuhuck!" he giggled, squirming and pushing at the older boy's arms. 

"Apparently, you also learned nothing tonight. Do you need a repeat of your lesson?" Wren asked, moving up a bit to his ribs as it seemed to make him squirm harder. 

"N-NOHOHO, I-IhI'm s-sorry, I'm sorry, I won't swehear!"

"Good boy," Wren murmured, pressing one last kiss to his neck before he left him be.

"You can be a real as-...meanie sometimes, you know that?" Chase asked, quickly correcting himself.

"I know, I'm such a meanie," Wren said in a patronizing tone. "And only ever to you."

Chase just leaned his head back on Wren's shoulder to look up at him, a little pout on his lips. "Isn't aftercare supposed to be about being nice to me?"

Wren laughed softly and kissed him. "Yes, I'm sorry, I'll stop being an asshole."

"Thank you, much better," Chase said, though he couldn't help but grin and then giggle as Wren planted kisses on his cheeks and nose.