Finally

These last few months, paige has been in rehab and physical training. She can finally play in our game against stanford today. I'm still worried about it, and I don't want her hurt. Our relationship has been great, and I've been with her every step of the way.

"Are you sure you're ready to play." I talk to her as we sit in the locker room, getting ready for the game.
"I'm sure Ivy, I told you in ready, and I can't keep sitting on the bench." I hear the anger in her voice when she talks to me.
"I just don't want you to get hurt." I grab her hand as I talk to her. She pulls away from my hand and gets up and ties her shoes.
"Well, I'm not a child, I know what I'm ready for." And with that, she leaves the locker room and starts warming up. I stayed in the locker room for a few minutes before joining the team and warming up. Paige doesn't come near me during warm up, I can tell she's mad at me. The game starts, and the first half was really rough. Azzi and Aaliyah both have two fouls. It's 26-27, and we're barely winning. It's half-time and geno and yelling at us to pick up our game.
"Ivy, Paige, i don't know what is going on, but I need both of you working together, until you learn Ivy, you're on the bench, and Nika is in." I just shake my head, unable to speak without being angry. I sit on the bench, mad at geno and especially mad at Paige. I didn't get in for the rest of the game. We ended up winning, and the score was 58-63. We all went out to dinner, and I sat by Nika, not wanting to talk to Paige. We didn't speak that entire night. Everyone is happy that we won our game, but I just couldn't bring myself to celebrate, so I excused myself and drove back to my dorm room.

Flashback

I find paiges acceptance letter to uconn. I can't believe she didn't tell me.
"Ivy, what are you doing here." Paige walks in her room and wraps her arms around my waist.
"What is this paige." I show her the letter and put space between us.
"I was going to tell you, I got accepted." Paige looked guilty and upset.

My thoughts were interrupted, and paige came storming in my room. "What was that Ivy." I could hear the anger in her voice as she looked at me.
"What are you talking about."
"You know damn well what I'm talking about. You let our relationship affect our playing in that game." I knew paige was right, but I was too angry to care. I just look away from her. "I was trying to make sure that you were okay, but you got angry and just walked out. Don't try to blame that on me, because it's not my fault that we couldn't play together." I was unable to control my anger. I heard her sneer. "I'm not doing this with you again, Ivy."
"What is that supposed to mean."
"It means that I can't do this, and I won't. We're over Ivy." My heart breaks when she says we're over. I can't believe my ears. "You're breaking up with me over a game." I say, still having trouble believing it.
"Yes, I am." And with that, she leaves the room, I couldn't help but cry, and the tears wouldn't stop. What am I gonna do now.