Super Core, or a Mutated Nucleus? (1)

The dullish gray-colored nucleus was about the size of an adult's fist. No matter how one thought of it, it was practically impossible for such a huge object to fit into Xie Yi's small mouth.

And thus, Xie Yi resolved onto licking the stone as if it was a tasty lollipop. With both hands wrapped around the rock-hard nucleus, she lowered her head and stuck out her tongue.

At first, it felt like she was licking an ordinary ice stick made out of water, tasteless but refreshing to the mouth. She didn't dislike the bland taste though. In fact, the longer she licked, the more addicted she got.

It was as if the mutated nucleus was a type of drug that could make one fly to the Heavens and forget everything. She felt light as if she was floating in the clouds as a comfortable sensation wrapped her shuddering figure whole.

– Drip, drip, drip

'So good... more... I need more... Huh?'

Her figure suddenly froze as silence befell the dark room. She was so lost, both her body and mind sluggish and out of control that she didn't even bother switching on the lights upon entering, a habit that she never broke, not until now.

She– What did she just do? What had got into her exactly?

Xie Yi's hand loosened as clarity returned to her mind, the nucleus that had long been wholly drenched by her saliva slipping through her fingers before falling to the ground with a "thud", painting the doormat under her wet with her drool.

As she thought back to her previous monstrous conduct, Xie Yi's weary face twisted in disgust. She felt like vomiting her guts out and once that idea flashed through her mind, she found herself running to the bathroom the next instant.

"Blurghhh"

Xie Yi squatted beside the toilet, hugging her stomach in discomfort. Her face turned really pale as if she's sick, and Xie Yi truly believed that she was, not in the body but the mind instead! She must have lost her mind!

She opened the water tap and grabbed her toothbrush, rinsing her mouth before brushing her teeth with great strength. This process of brushing and rinsing was done numerous times. But no matter how hard she tried to 'clean' herself, she still felt dirty to the core.

She had actually tried to 'consume' a mutant's nucleus raw! What was she– a fellow savage mutant? Yuck!

It was needed to be known that a mutant's nucleus was basically a part of a monster's internal organs like the heart, liver, lungs, spleen, and more. Although they were all crucial for a mutant to function well, even with the combination of them all, they weren't as important as the mutated nucleus who was the main support and acted as the central system of the mutant body.

That was why the 'farming' of a mutant's nucleus wasn't as easy as one would think. In the first place, a human's body, strengthened or not, could never compare to the physical attributes and endurance of a mutant from similar rank, not to mention the special abilities some mutants may wield.

The easiest way for a human to slay a mutant was to target its core and crush it to the point of beyond recovery. However, most ability users who worked as hunters strained themselves from committing such brutal act as mutated nucleus was the most precious organ they could get from a mutant's body.

By refining a mutant's mutated nucleus that worked similarly as a human's super core, ability users could hone their own powers to a whole new level, strengthening their own base by absorbing similar energies from nuclei and using the energy as their own.

However, refining a mutant's nucleus for one's use was a long and arduous process, with the reason being the fierce nature of the mutant's energy that could never fit in the human body.

They couldn't act like those mutant monsters, straightly eating up every inch of their fellow species to 'upgrade' their own stats. And thus, ability users usually spend a lot of time 'cultivating' indoors.

Salivating over the powers a mutated core might bring her was one thing, but to straight up biting and licking the object was totally sickening. If she were to act that way, what would differ her from those savage mutants?

Xie Yi couldn't accept the sudden impulse of behavior in herself. And yet, when she finally left the bathroom, albeit reluctantly, and retrieved a towel to wipe her face, she couldn't stop her eyes from searching all over the place for that dirty little thing, finding it lying on the furry mat whilst emitting a fiendish glow as well as a sort of fishy smell belonging to that of a freshly cut flesh.

Ugh, to think that she had actually found its smell enticing before... Xie Yi felt like throwing up once more.

Still, she put aside her trauma and made her way to retrieve the stone for safekeeping when her steps suddenly quickened as she noticed the difference in the motionless nucleus.

It seemed to have significantly shrunk in size, its overall look becoming one of a smoother surface and with a livelier color. What was left of the previous adult fist-sized dullish gray nucleus was a silver-colored nucleus that was no bigger than a golf ball.

The beastly instinct within her, that was coupled with an uncontrollable sort of impulse, relapsed once more as Xie Yi found herself literally salivating over the mutated organ. A limitless stream of drool slipped out of the corner of her gaping mouth as she hastily swept the silver nucleus into her mouth. Yet again.

Sigh. She's truly beyond saving.