Introduction

Sirens wailed as I staggered down the deserted streets. Litter flew everywhere through the breezy wind. My ankle was sprained, my shoulder probably dislocated at the worst. Scars were covering my entire face. Blood seeped through the cuts. My clothing was covered in blood stains. Luckily, no one was out and about. The traffic lights were still running, even though the city streets were like a ghost town. I heard some officers around the corner, chattering in a squad. 10 officers at the most, all male. I heard their footsteps coming towards me. I quickly made my way to a little cafe that was a few steps ahead of me. I slipped through its glass doors the moment the officers turned the corner. The place was emptied. Half-full coffee cups were still on abandoned tables, chairs were scattered across the room. Almost as if, whoever was previously sitting on them had hurriedly left. A few pastries were still left over on the table. I glanced at my watch. Approximately 14 minutes ago everyone was evacuated from the city. I groaned, just the thought about why the whole justice-seekers are looking for me is because of that stupid accident. I heard the officers approaching near the windows and doors. I jumped over the counter and landed like a cat on my feet, in a crouched position. I winced as my ankle landed on the marble floor. I listened intently to the officers. "I always loved this cafe, Patty's Pastries!" One of the officers exclaimed, apparently peering through the glass window like a child. I crawled around, looking for an Emergency kit to help me deal with my injuries. "Don't act like a kid, Pete," one of the officers replied. I spotted a glass case with an emergency kit inside. I hastily crawled over to the case, the case needed a key to unlock it. I took off my boot, thinking the officers searching for me were gone. Then I smashed the glass case with the heel of my boot. An alarm set off, shrieking. I heard running footsteps, approaching the cafe I was in. I quickly used my one functioning arm, and pulled a Beretta 8000 (I call her The Massacre) out of my gear belt. I waited, crouched behind the counter, with Massacre, ready and loaded. "What was that?" one of the officers asked, busting the glass doors open. "Why would the alarm go off...unless," before the other officer could finish his train of thought, I peeked over the counter and pulled the trigger in the direction where one of the voices were. "GET DOWN! SHE'S HERE!" Pete yelled. They all dived in different directions, while I pulled the trigger once more. I saw Pete wince, as I saw my bullet pierce his shoulder. "Ah, damn it!" he yelled, deep red blood running through his uniform. "Call for backup!" I heard one of them yell. Not good. I reached for my gear belt and pulled out my last smoke grenade. I activated the grenade, and threw it over the counter. I heard one of the officers swear. I grabbed the emergency kit and jumped over the counter. "Where is she?" one of them coughed. I ran out the door, helicopter lights were pointed at my gaze. They already called backup. I limped away as fast as I could. My gear belt was emptied out of its equipment. I saw one of the helicopter doors slide open, and I saw a person with a huge gun. A sniper. I saw them carefully aiming at me. I picked up the pace, until I felt the bullet shoot at my other ankle. I dropped to the sidewalk, wincing. My ankle throbbed. My whole body ached. All my wounds have been unattended. Luckily, I didn't have what they were looking for on me at the moment. I felt my vision get blurry, it was getting harder to keep my eyes open. I heard my walkie-talkie finally speak, "Agent NightRaven? Are you there? Repeat, we have the ultimate weapon safe at new HQ" is all I heard as I saw a S.W.A.T team surround me, armed and ready. I was beginning to breathe slowly, until my eyelids were glued shut. Trapping me in the darkness.