Chapter 03 - Regrets

She threw the pan on the wall, shattering the TV.

The woman's pupils narrowed and her eyes darkened dangerously. From the depths of her light eyes, ink seeped out of her pupils, slowly spreading outward. Fragments of glass cut through the general's cheek and a drop of blood pooled, before slowly making its way down, its deep color catching the woman's eyes. Blood. Red. Her head started to pound. Slowly, specs of red fluttered in her vision, merging into mist. Strands of ink and crimson fought in her eyes. Something in her shook, trying desperately to break free.

Darkness and blood. An endless battle. Unwittingly, her hand traveled to her throat and scratched at the splash of beauty marks.

A powerful pressure descended upon the room, almost crushing the people inside. The air felt electric, charged with something dreadful. The general dropped flat on the ground, his face squished against the carpet. He grunted in pain. He felt his organs being compressed and his bones cracking. The taste of blood rose in his mouth and his vision blurred, the breath of death creeping on his back.

Sam was being crushed under the pressure. The smile of his wife flashed in his mind. He had told her he would be back soon. He knew she wouldn't be able to sleep until he came back home. Spitting out a mouthful of blood, he recalled how he had promised her this wouldn't take long.

In the end, she wouldn't be able to sleep for a while.

Alice struggled to stand and her breathing became labored. She scolded the general in her mind. Because of his loose mouth, they all have to suffer with him right there. With difficulties, she raised her hands in front of her chest. Her fingers moved quickly in a mysterious manner. The jade ring on her hand shimmered, she clapped loudly once, and an eerie sound dispersed the pressure.

"Master, it's Halloween tonight and there's a special limited offer at the cheesecake shop." Alice tried her hardest to cover up the shaking of her voice. "If you don't put on some clothes, you're going to miss it."

Alice moved to the sofa and clapped again. The echo cleaved the haze in her master's eyes. To further distract her, Alice did what she knew best: tempt her.

"Master. Do you remember the restaurant I told you about yesterday? How about we go there and eat something? You've been coiled up at home for ages, let's go out."

The woman in her undies snapped out of her trance and scowled. "I don't want to go outside."

"Really?" Alice crouched in front of her and tilted her head mischievously. "What to do? I booked a spot and even asked for a cutie to entertain you."

Alice pouted her mouth cutely. She saw her master's eyes twinkling. She knew her master well enough. She couldn't be coerced into doing things, but she could be tempted.

"Wanna see the picture?" Alice continued her bluff.

The woman snorted softly, her stance softened.

"How about this? We go with them and solve their problems. Easy peasy. Then, off we go to Vegas for a week and I let you stay in a brothel instead of a hotel?" Alice smiled brightly, "Of course, their government will foot the bill. Isn't that even better, not having to pay a dime?"

She knew damn well that Alice was making things up as she went but she didn't care as long as she got enough benefits in the end.

The woman got up, side-eyed the general and warned, "No next time," before going upstairs to change.

"He wouldn't dare," Alice chuckled.

Once the woman was out of sight, Alice snorted in annoyance. She waved her hand and the littering bodies were sent outside, only leaving Sam and the general. She sighed heavily and helped Sam off the ground.