Chapter 40

♡ Noor ♡

I came out from the washroom after doing my business and saw Ayaan sitting on the bed with his legs spread and back supported by the headboard while his eyes remained closed.

Taking a deep breath I tried to make up my mind but all the courage evaporated when I exhaled. I know it's been years since I came out of an abusive marriage and I've already embarked on a new journey. But then the abuses inflicted on my body didn't just tainted my skin but my memories. My body and soul both are still reeling from the past incidents. But tonight I don't know how to convey these feelings to my husband.

I took a tentative step forward fisting the lahenga in my hands. The anklets adorned on my legs chimed with the first step I took and his eyes shot open to fix on my face.

His intestine eyes did something to me and I could feel something in my lower abdomen. I sucked in a sharp breath, releasing it with quivering lips. Lowering my head a little I took slow steps towards the bed, his eyes never leaving mine.

Reaching the bed I sat on the left side as the right was occupied by him. I looked at him and found him already staring at my face. Giving him an awkward smile I concentrated on chipping away my beautiful nail paint.

Suddenly he looked away to rummage through the bed side table's drawer. I looked at him curiously thinking what he might be taking out from there when my brain whirled in the most forbidden place.

Condom?

With wide eyes I looked at him when he turned around with his hand full of...envelopes? Do they sell them in envelopes now?

"Here, shagun ke lifafe."  He extended his hand and with suspicion looming in my mind I took them.

I looked at those envelopes in my hands with confusion and then looked at him who was looking at me with confusion.

And then a smile bloomed on my face and I ran towards the bag kept in the corner which is filled with our wedding gifts.

"Let's unbox them all." With a childlike glee I ran towards him with the bag.

"You know that aunty who gave me a 200 wali saree?" I asked him while we were unwrapping the gifts.

"Who?" He asked and I huffed.

"Arre  she is daughter of our neighbours second daughter's fifth brother-in-law."

He blinked at me as if explained some rocket science to him and then muttered an "Okay. What about her?"

"She ate five bowls of rasmalai at our wedding. Can you believe it?" I'm not exaggerating. Gift should be proportional to the food you eat, otherwise kya fayda shaadi krne ka.

"I can not believe it. Only if you had used this much calculation in 10th standard." Ayaan said and I gasped at the audacity of my kuch ghanto ke shohar.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked raising my brows. It wasn't an ask for explanation but a chance to rectify his mistake.

"No I mean we need to settle this. Next week our neighbour is celebrating her grandsons 3rd birthday. We will have 2 bowls of gulab jamun and then 4 bowls of ice cream." Now this is how an ideal husband should talk. Yes! You need to side with your wife.

"That's an amazing idea." And then we spent half the night looking at all the gifts and counting money with my nonstop gossips and him listening it all.

And when we finally decided to sleep, I didn't had any hesitation in sharing the same bed with him. Because a person high on libido will not wait this long to initiate anything.

We looked at each other while resting our head on the pillow when his palm cupped one side of my face.

"I'll wait for your soul to heal. I'll wait for your body to feel comfortable. But till then, do I have the permission to connect emotionally with you biwi?"

My eyes felt heavy with emotions while looking in his eyes. But still I didn't even wanted to blink. I wanted to see those raw emotions portrayed in his orbs. The genuineness in his words made me feel the luckiest woman alive. This is the bare minimum we ask for.

I cupped his face and then dragging my body closer to him I lifted my head to plant a soft kiss on his forehead. That forehead kiss was the permission he was seeking.

And then we slept in each other's embrace for the rest of our wedding night.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Rooh Se Chaahne Wale Aashiq
Baatein Jismon Ki Karte Nahi

Bol Do Na Zara
Dil Mein Jo Hai Chhipa
Main Kisi Se Kahunga Nahi

~ ~ • ~ ~

A/N

Alright guys, I'm updating after 2 months I guess. But then I was preparing for something, which is really important for me. You'll know that I didn't get a college last year and I'm already studying to get a good college this year. But other than that I was preparing for a scholarship programme and most probably it is in my favour. It really means a lot to me and it was the reason I couldn't focus on writing as I was busy with whole scholarship procedure.

I hope you all can understand and as I've promised again and again I'll never leave Noor in the middle. I know you'll love Noor a lot.

Now a shoutout to Noor's khala princessofia16 who suggested me the plot where Ayaan decorates the room for Noor. It is so heartwarming to see my readers attached to the story.

And a special thanks to Thestrangledrosemary who's kind words reassured my heart.

It's really a blessing to have reader's like you'll.

Other than that I didn't wanted to rush things between Noor and Ayaan because of course, they are human beings and not some animal in heat to just jump at each other. And I guess you all know Ayaan's character by now...he isn't the type of man to do it on the very first night.

Just a heads up...HADI IS COMING BACK  SOON!

Till then, Keep sharing your love and support.

Vote. Share. Comment.

~Riya.🤎