007. promise

-'๑'-  CHAPTER SEVEN -'๑'-
promise

-'๑'-  CHAPTER SEVEN -'๑'-promise

real life

Aurora nervously stares at her phone, her thumb hovering over the 'accept' button

Aurora nervously stares at her phone, her thumb hovering over the 'accept' button. she had never spoken to Walker over the phone before. what if it was painfully awkward? she grimaced at the thought of them sitting in silence, unknowing of what to say. Aurora shook her head, brushing away her worries before accepting his call.

she quickly shielded her face from the screen, her cheeks growing warm at the sight of his light brown curls. he stared at the camera with a small, curious grin, waiting for her to show her face. Aurora said nothing as she slowly crept into the frame, the both of them letting out a series of light chuckles.

"hi Walker." Aurora smiled.

"hi rora." her stomach fluttered at the sound of her name falling from his lips.

is this real? she thought to herself.

Aurora noticed Walker frown and squint his eyes a bit, "what?" she tilted her head.

"what are you making?" he questioned.

"oh," she suddenly grew sheepish, tucking a strand of brown hair behind her pierced ear, "well, i-i was making toast, but i accidentally burnt it. then, i started to make ramen, but i spilt them all over the floor, so... now im having cheese and crackers."

Aurora finished with a large grin, shoving a cracker into her mouth before flashing a thumbs up. Walker chuckled at her words, and Auroras face lit up at the sound.

"there's no way you fumbled a midnight snack that hard. you didn't wake your parents up?" walker asked, though, he felt his stomach drop at his own question. the last thing he wanted to do was offend her by bringing up her parents, as he didn't know anything about her relationship with them. thankfully, all she did was shake her head.

"nope. my parents are out of town, so i'm home alone. thank god."

"oh really? for how long?" Walker tilts his head, and Aurora stifles a smile at the action. she could feel her fingers grow all tingly. apparently she hadn't yet wrapped her head around the fact that she was actually face timing walker scobell.