message in a bottle

❝ cause you could be the one that i love

i could be the one you dream of ❞

- taylor swift,  ' message in a bottle '

winter pov

[ 7:27 PM ]

winwin

hey, can i ask you a few questions?

yooji❓

As long as they aren't questions about who I am

yooji❓

Then sure

yooji❓

What's up?

winwin

uhmm

Winter decided to start with something easy- about the party.

winwin

ab the party u said u were at,

winwin

was it zuha's

Winter waited anxiously for the reply; if Yooji (possibly Ryujin?) said yes, then she'd know that the party Yooji had mentioned was definitely Kazuha's.

yooji❓

Yes, actually

yooji❓

You were there too, right?

yooji❓

That's why you texted me drunk

winwin

erm!

winwin

...

winwin

yeah

winwin

wait i didn't see you

Winter's jaw dropped immediately, and her fingers slid over the screen, trying desperately to understand the message. But it was too late, Yooji had seen it already.

yooji❓

See me?

In a panic, Winter left them on read, swiping out of the app and switching off her phone.

If she was wrong, not only would it be embarrassing, but she might have just ruined her chances with whoever this was.

Because she was eternally grateful for them, and might have been starting to fall just a tiny bit for whoever it was's clever, sweet personality.

No, no, she was just thankful for help.

Right?

Right.

- - -

karina pov

"Rinaaa," a voice singsonged through the air, and Karina's spine stiffened, effectively destroying the careful posture she had worked to maintain during cheer practice.

"Heeseung," Karina answered, her voice careful as she stood, smoothing her skirt and pulling on her hoodie. "You're here early."

Ever since Karina had started talking to Min, her interest in Heeseung had slowly declined until it was teetering on the edge of nothing. Karina had never been truly enamored of her boyfriend, just as she'd suggested to Min: she accepted his offer only because he was popular and wanted to try on the relationship.

In the end, although he treated her okay, he was just an expensive jacket she hoped to be done wearing soon.

"Yes, I am," he answered proudly, and he slipped off his gray Nike Tech jacket, slinging it over her bare shoulders even though she wasn't cold. He kept walking as if he expected her to keep pace as she darted quickly towards her bag and slung it over her shoulder, meeting her at the door that he barely held open for her. 

"You wanna go out?"

It wasn't, truly, even a question.

"Sure," she answered, and as they walked down the hallways, stares landed on their backs as if they'd been tagged. The eyes followed the jacket, Heeseung's arm around Karina's waist, and obviously landed on Karina herself.

She knew she was beautiful. She didn't need people to tell her that. She knew it, but... sometimes she wished that someone would see past the looks and unlock the personality within. Almost like a golden treasure, except no one was her key. No one fit with her the way she wanted them to.

Well, no one, it seemed, until a mysterious someone had drunk texted her in the wee hours, carrying messages that unlocked her in a way nothing else could.

Who was this person?

Another thought unfurled itself, unbidden in Karina's warring brain as she walked down through the stairs.

Someone else seemed to get her, but in a strange way she couldn't help wondering at.

How had Winter Kim- a seemingly introverted, regular girl- understood her perception of the relationship of two fictional characters?

In fact, she didn't even know that she was doing it.

Or spewing all of Karina's unspoken thoughts into the air, under different names and different times.

How had she done it?

Was it possible that she knew?