♡2♡

✧✧✧

The room was quiet, the only sound being the soft hum of Brenda's headphones as she jammed to her favorite tunes. I was engrossed in my phone, chatting with friends on WhatsApp, when I noticed the silence. It was a stark contrast to the earlier bustle, when Mira had been getting ready for her date, her laughter and chatter filling the air. Now, she was gone, having left earlier looking stunning.

Brenda suddenly sprang to her feet, her eyes sparkling with excitement. I looked up from my phone, curious about the sudden outburst.

She flashed me a sheepish grin, her cheeks flushing pink. "My boyfriend is around," she whispered, her voice barely containing her enthusiasm. I smiled knowingly and nodded, returning to my phone.

Within 20 minutes, Brenda had transformed before my eyes. She emerged from her room looking radiant in a crisp white crop top and a bright blue short skirt, her legs looking toned and tan. Her braids were swept up into a ponytail, showcasing her glowing complexion. A spritz of floral perfume lingered in the air as she twirled around, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Have fun!" I told her. She giggled, winking at me before grabbing her bag and sashaying out the door, leaving behind a trail of sweetness.

Ah, the solitary life of a single human.

I was deep in slumber, probably snoring away, when the door burst open, shattering the peace. I jolted upright, my heart racing, as Mira sauntered in, a mischievous grin spreading across her face.

"Hey, biiitch!" she exclaimed, her voice husky from a night out.

I raised an eyebrow, my senses on high alert, and asked, "Did you drink?"

The faint scent of alcohol wafted through the air, and Mira's sheepish expression confirmed my suspicions.

"A little," she admitted, her eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief, as she flopped onto her bed.

"'On a first date?' I asked, my tone laced with surprise.

Mira's response was short: "It's a long story."

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued, and murmured, "Uh-huh."

She tossed her clutch bag onto her bed and began to slip off her shoes, her movements chaotic. "Samson is a really nice guy," she said, "And he's really handsome too."

I nodded agreeably, even though I hadn't laid eyes on him yet.

"So, while we were eating at Renny's, he told me about this new bar he and his friends discovered," Mira began, a sly grin spreading across her face.

She rolled her eyes, and I knew exactly what that meant. "You know me..."she said, her voice trailing off, leaving me to fill in the blanks.

Oh, yes, I knew her all too well - always up for a adventure, never one to turn down a dare.

"I insisted that he take me there, and he did... and we had a few shots... and..." She paused, building the suspense, her eyes sparkling with mischief, leaving me wondering what on earth she had gotten herself into this time.

"No, don't do this!" I said, laughing and trying to get her to finish the impending story.

"Watch out for season two!" She joked.

I flung a throw pillow at her, playfully protesting, "You've got to be kidding me!"

But she just laughed, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Alright, alright... and we ended up making out at the back of an UBER."

I gasped, feigning shock, "No you didn't!"

Mira just nodded, a sly grin still plastered on her face. "I did," she confirmed, and we both burst out laughing.