8: beach day

The next day

Maddie's pov:

I woke up in a bad mood. Today we had to go spend the day with my moms family at my grandparents house. It's not that i don't love my family or anything, but the oldest cousin on my moms side is 8 so it's not exactly a fun time.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen where my mom was cooking breakfast and my sister was sitting at the counter, staring at her phone.

"Hey honey how'd you sleep?" My mom asked, putting food on a plate and handing it to me.

"Okay I guess. Hey when are we going to grandmas?" I asked her, sitting down next to my sister.

"Oh I forgot to tell you last night, grandma came down with a cold so she's rescheduling for another weekend."

Thank you god. I thought. But again, I love my family I swear.

"Oh so we aren't doing anything today?" I asked, trying to hide my excitement.

"Well your dad and I just made lunch plans with some friends, but you two can do whatever."

"Likeee go to the beach with Leo?"

"Yeah sure honey." My mom said, not really paying attention.

I quickly ate my breakfast then I ran upstairs to text Leo.

After I texted both of them , I threw on an outfit and grabbed my keys

After I texted both of them , I threw on an outfit and grabbed my keys. Leo wanted me to go pick her up so we could get ready together and so we could go to the store to get some snacks.

When I pulled into her driveway I saw her walking towards my car. She had grey sweatpants, a black crop top, and black sunglasses on.

She slowly got into my car and just stared at me.

"Did you go to a party last night?"

"What? No. Wait do I look hungover??" She asked, freaking out.

"I mean- no. Well you're just wearing sunglasses and it's not even bright outside"