The Winner takes it all

This story doesn't follow the chronological order

Lee Ju-hee laughed loudly and Song Chi-yul smiled warmly: after he went to Busan during the Jeju Island raid to protect South Korea from the ants, he and the young healer had kept in contact. It was nice to see her smile, even though in reality she still suffered from PTSD once in a while.

It was sad to see a young life scarred this way, but that was the world they lived in since the appearence of the gates.

Lee Ju-hee had come back to Seoul for some personal matters and had decided to visit Song Chi-yul at his dojo, to catch up, and they were in fact there, chatting friendly.

"So, did you hear about Sung Jin-woo? Now he's a S-rank, I truly can't believe it." Ju-hee was saying, a kind smile on her face: Chi-yul knew she had had a soft spot for the boy and in the beginning he thought she had been reciprocated, however it seemed like nothing had happened between the two of them.

"Yes, that's amazing. If someone deserves the rank S, that's Sung Jin-woo-Ssi." the older man nodded in agreement. He was on the verge of saying something else when someone entered the dojo.

"Oh!" the swordsman exclaimed. "Welcome Hunter Cha!" he smiled fondly at his pupil and went to meet her.

"Hello Master." Cha Hae-in greeted. "It's been a while since I was able to come, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, don't worry." Song Chi-yul waved a hand. "I know how busy you are. Come, I want to introduce you to a friend of mine."

He nodded towards the pretty red-head walking closer to them: "Ju-hee-Ssi, this is Hunter Cha Hae-in, my student. Hunter Cha, this is Lee Ju-hee, a comrade of mine who now lives in Busan."

Ju-hee gasped because she knew who Cha Hae-in was and could feel the powerful aura coming from her.

"It's a pleasure to know you." she greeted cordially.

"Likewise." Hae-in nodded kindly. "Sorry, I'm going to change so that I can start training. I'll see you later, maybe?"

"Oh, of course!" Ju-hee hurriedly nodded. She watched the other woman walk to the changing room and then turned to Song Chi-yul: "Whoa, S-rank truly have another energy!"

"Right! And Hunter Cha is a lovely, compassionate, loyal woman. The man she's dating is very lucky."

The two of them sat down in a corner of the tatami and continued talking while observing the students train: the most impressive of them all was of course Cha Hae-in, who was fast and precise in hitting the adversaries.

After some time, the door of the dojo opened again and in came someone neither Ju-hee nor Chi-yul would have ever expected to see there.

Jin-woo checked the time on his phone and saw it was shortly after 6.30 p.m.: Cha Hae-in would be finished training soon. They were going out to dinner that night, as it had been almost two weeks since they had last seen each other and they had agreed to meet in front of the restaurant – a small hole in the wall where the owners were very discreet and knew Hae-in since she was a teen: however, is a spur of moment, Jin-woo had decided to pick his girlfriend up from the gym. Cha Hae-in told him she would be finished around 6.45 and he wanted to surprise her.

The young Hunter went inside and could immediately feel Hae-in's energy: she was on the tatami, fighting – and winning from the looks of it – against a much larger man. She froze just for a second during her attack and that was enough for him to know she could smell him.

"Ah, Hunter Sung?"

He turned in the direction of the voice calling him and was startled to see two people he knew very well. "Song Chi-yul-Ssi, Lee Ju-hee-Ssi!" Jin-woo exclaimed, stunned: he knew that Hunter Song was Hae-in's teacher, but he wasn't expecting to see Lee Ju-hee.