Chapter 4 - New Tricks

Everyone from Angel to Alastor was on the same floor. It was easier to keep everyone in the same area either in the case of an emergency or for simple convenience. Husk was the furthest, his room labelled to keep out of and locked every hour of the day, even if he was inside. Niffty was put two rooms down from Husk, which he was openly against. Angel had gotten a room down the other side of the hall and the furthest from Alastor, which was a given.

Just in order to prevent a murder.

The rest spread themselves around, making their rooms to their liking, which left your barren room looking a little less than cosy.

"It'll need a little bit of magic," you click your fingers and a ball of blue magic sparks in your hands, "But I'm sure that'll be no problem whatsoever,"

The blue magic disappears the moment a creak is heard. Peaking by the doorway was Alastor's shadow, his smile wide and excitement showing. "Stupid spy," Vaggie grumbles, holding her spear up to the shadow, who becomes more amused.

"Come back, you wretched thing!" a distorted voice was heard down the hall, radio static heard lingering closer. The shadow jumps and runs behind you, hiding with both hands on your shoulders. "Now, where did you- oh," Alastor turns the corner, his demon form turning back to his usual self instantly. "Y/n," he then looks to the side, "oh, I didn't see you two there,"

"Thanks, Al," Charlie awkwardly holds a thumb up, "anyways, now that you two are here, I just remembered Vaggie and I had a thing!" She slyly grabs Vaggie by the shoulders, pushing her out the door before nudging Alastor, "Great seeing ya'," she soon leaves as Alastor's eyes twitch.

The awkward creak of the door slowly takes over the room before you both are left in a warm lamp light. "I will never understand those two," you hold your hands behind your back, the silence in the room growing longer.

Alastor just looked at you blankly. As if his brain needed a moment to reset, he was left standing like a... well, a deer in headlights. Eventually, his eyes blinked, and he quickly fixed his tie, "And a mystery they may stay," he fixed his hair up as well, turning away to see the view from this hotel room. "What brought you three up here?"

You chuckle, sitting down on the bed, "Charlie asked for me to stay, just until things pick up here," you explain, trying to decipher his constant smile.

"That may be an entire afterlife at this rate!" His laughing track plays in the background alongside his laughter.

"Would that be such a bad thing?" You walk up and nudge him gently.

His smile seemed to get a little wider, "if you don't mind being across the hall from me," he then glanced around, "now, did you need a little help with some moving?" He summons his microphone only for you to stop him.

"Don't start thinking you're the only demon who uses magic," you click your tongue at him, shaking your head in a playful disappointment. "Watch this," a near-excited exclamation left you as you turned and focused energy into one spell. Almost instantly, a blue glow took over your hands, like midnight blue bonfires.

You pull your hands apart, letting the tension build before clapping them together and sending a shock wave of energy through the room. The slight rumble that followed soon subsided, quiet lingering.

"Hm... maybe I did it wr-"

A sudden second blast appears out of thin air from the centre of the room. Objects started to appear and disappear in popping clouds of blue, some shaking a little as they adjusted to the new surface. Wallpaper stripped away like wrapping paper, revealing a deep navy accent wall with gentle white walls on the other three. Your desk, work and all, appeared in place of the old one, picture frames along the shelves suddenly installed above. Bookshelves slotted nicely in one corner, above and around a plush reading chair and simple table.

The bed was cushioned much more to your liking; matching bedsheets and pillows imitated a patch of clouds ready to be buried in. Your bedside table still had your book from the night before and a glass of water, half full.

Your eyes widen in surprise, "that turned out better than I had hoped..."

Alastor's eyes raise in similar surprise, "I thought that was spectacular, my dear!" He takes a step forward and places a hand on your shoulder, "now, where did you learn that from?"

Your face drops, nervousness rising in your chest, "that's a story for another day," you playfully poke his chest, slipping from his hold and clearing your throat, "shall we see where the others are?" Sliding out of the room in hurried steps.

Alastor was near-quick to follow, only to stop when a collection of photos in a frame caught his eye. The warm oak was carved, and behind the glass were three photos layered over one another. One was of you and Charlie, the princess looking only a few years younger and holding a high school diploma. The other was of you and Lucifer opening the Museum for the first time, an event he lightly covered in a segment.

In fact, he's only seemed to mention the museum a few times throughout his years of broadcasting.

"Aha! Looks like the newest target for all you pathetic miscreants is ready for a visit," he grins smugly, "I have my bets on an hour before these pearly white steps are dripping with fresh blood,"

And then the following week. He hated to eat his own words; it left too bitter of a taste in his mouth.

"Seems as though this new museum has proven difficult to infiltrate, but I commend all you sinners failing tremendously; it was quite the sight!" He grits out, moving on quickly.

Now, the final photo was tucked in the left corner. It was frayed at the top, looking to have been ripped from a strip of photos. Of course, it was no question what the other images were.

You and Alastor stumble out of the Photo Booth to let the other couple in. He couldn't help but laugh as you slid along the grass, using him as support.

"Oh, hush!" You lightly slap his arm and look down at the photo strip. He takes a closer look, adjusting his glasses, "what do you think?"

"I think that last photo does me no justice," he hums.

"Really? I think you look quite handsome," without another thought, you slowly and carefully rip the last photo off, "I think I'll keep it then,"

~~~

How are you guys enjoying it so far? Anything you're wanting to see happen? Let me know !!

- Anna ❤️