7 / Jasper Hates Birthday Parties

CHAPTER SEVEN
JASPER HATES BIRTHDAY PARTIES

꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷

IT WAS A NEW ERA FOR SABINE MASEN CULLEN. Unlike the drastic events of last semester (in which her brother fell in love with a human and then a tracker tried to kill her and almost did but Edward saved her in the end), Senior Year number twenty-six was going to be amazing. Well, when you ignore the fact that Bella was still human, and that hikers had been turning up dead all summer, and that Edward wouldn't let her touch the radio in his fancy new car.

"Stop being an asshat, I wanna listen to Stereophonics." She muttered when he slapped her hand away from the centre console for the third time since he'd set off from their house. Unlike her boring twin brother — clad in his grey shirt, black pants and, get this, another grey shirt over the top — Sabine was wearing some cute low rise jeans Rosalie had bought for her, paired with a red band t-shirt that Emmett had shrunk in the laundry machine, so it was basically a crop top. Despite Edward's complaints, she had her feet up on the dash and slapped her knees to the rhythm of Dakota, humming the tune under her breath when she realised there was no fighting him on the radio thing.

"Why are you so happy this morning?" He muttered, scowling when she leaned over to flip on his turn signal because he never did.

She shrugged, "I'm in a good mood, sue me."

"You finally confess to Jasper?" He said, smirking at her narrowed eyes. While she was grateful that she didn't have to hide her thoughts on the subject anymore, she hated how Edward was treating the whole thing.

At first, he'd been angry at her for lying, but as time passed, he eased into it. Now he just made fun of her for it, and she hated it. As if she didn't get enough teasing from Alice, now she had to deal with it from the only member of their house that she couldn't lie to. It was torture.

"Shut up." She huffed, slouching back in her seat and watching the scenery roll by, "Just because you know now doesn't mean you get to have an opinion."

The boy beside her simply shrugged, pulling into the school parking lot without another word and parking so horrendously that Sabine wrestled the keys out of his hand so she could fix it while he walked in slow motion over to Bella.

When she joined them, Bella was shaking her head, "Yeah, well, my aging's not."

"Your aging." Edward said with an amused grin, "I think eighteen is a little young to start worrying about that."

"It's one year older than you guys." She quipped.

"Uh," Sabine butted in, "Actually, I was twenty when I got turned."

"And I'm a hundred and nine." Edward quipped.

"Well, maybe I shouldn't be dating such an old man." Bella smirked up at him. "It's gross. I should be thoroughly repulsed."

Edward hummed and leaned in for a kiss, which she gladly reciprocated. Looking away with a grimace, Sabine waved over her shoulder, "Alright, I'm leaving. Happy Birthday, Bella!"

She didn't respond.

With a chuckle and a shake of her head, Sabine bounded up the stairs and into Forks High, where she was immediately met by Alice, dragging Jasper behind her.