Heather

Many times I think that love sucks.

that he sucks.

But why do I feel this way?

For days now he has started to spend more time with Natasha, it's not like I care, but I feel a pang in my heart every time I see them laughing together.

I've been trying to get close to him, since long before she started talking to him, and I've never gotten anywhere.

I only earned bored looks and lost more hope that he would at least see me as a friend.

I was really devastated, my stomach turned just thinking about it.

Nat with Bucky? They would make a beautiful couple, they have both been through the same thing, they are equal in a way and that leads to what they will connect with, but why not me? I have tried, I still try, but I can't go on like this.

I can't keep wasting energy on something that isn't going to work, I can barely handle myself, how is it possible that I thought for a moment that I could help you? I can't help anyone, not even myself.

Now I have to sink into my misery because the boy I 'like' doesn't listen to me, I feel like a stupid schoolgirl.

I didn't even know for sure if I really want it or if it's just a whim.

But seeing him with Nat, I realize that I love him, and I hate that he gets close to her.

I admit it, she is better, much better than me.

She's tall, thin, blonde (dyed, but not everyone's hair color looks so damn good) and charismatic by nature, even I admire her a lot, but I know from the way Bucky looks at her that he doesn't admire her. He loves her.

I sighed and put my journal aside, putting it in the last drawer next to my other 'relics', which simply consisted of things that I thought were cute and I put them in there.

—Life is unfair.—I whispered to myself, since there was no one else in my room besides me and my loneliness.

I knew it was a general training day but I didn't feel like going, I knew what awaited me at the gym, a damn beating from my opponent today and a sweet couple whispering things to each other, I snorted just imagining it.

I reluctantly got out of bed, stretching a little since I was writing in a very uncomfortable position, I went to the closet and took out my training uniform, maybe I could use training to get rid of this frustration...it could work.

I was entering the gym where training was always done and as soon as I stepped foot inside I heard a couple of laughs coming from a corner, I obviously knew who they were, I would recognize that beautiful voice from miles away, how I wish it would laugh for me...

I clenched my fists and approached the others, trying not to think too much about those two, I had to be focused.

—Well, the couples will be, Wanda and Clint—Steve said as he stopped reading those papers and looked to see if those already mentioned were present.

They both smiled and said present almost in unison.

—Okay, Tony and I,— he said while looking at Stark who simply rolled his eyes, Steve simply moved forward and continued reading. —Sam and Bucky—

I could hear a snort in the distance, they didn't get along very well so to speak.

Suddenly I realized who I was going to have to fight, I cursed inwardly.