Chapters 1 & 2 - Meilin & Deming

Feng Deming:

Feng Deming:

In a distant realm beyond the known world lay Astara, an ancient land of demons. The young prince, Feng Deming, who appeared no older than ten years of age by human standards, raced through fields alongside the lieutenant. The grass brushed against his legs as they sprinted into the fading daylight on the horizon, hope and uncertainty pushing them forward. His heart raced with each step, breath quickening in sync with the lieutenant's as they fled for their lives until they stopped in the center of the field.

Deming's breath caught as the hundreds of high fairy lords loomed ahead, blocking their path. "Enemies," he murmured, his heart quickening, fear dilating his pupils at the sight of the fairies for the first time. Preparing to flee, he quickly shifted his gaze to the lieutenant, ready to anticipate his next move.

"Lord Muchen," the lieutenant whispered.

"Muchen?" Deming's heart raced, a knot forming in his chest as he locked eyes with the fairy leader. 'He killed my father.' A tear escaped his eye, and his fists clenched in fury, replaying his father's last words in his mind.

"Take my son to safety, Lieutenant. Protect him with your life."

Without a word, the lieutenant slowly lowered his sword. The silence thickened with tension, broken only by the prince's rapid breaths and the distant murmur of the fairies.

"What are you doing? You're going to get yourself killed!" Deming cried out as the lieutenant approached the fairy leader.

"My lord, you have arrived early."

"What? Him?" Deming's jaw dropped, and he turned to the lieutenant and the fairy leader, eyes widening at the lieutenant's indifference. Like a setting sun, the vibrancy in his golden eyes dimmed as the truth slowly sank in. "Don't tell me... that you..."

"Truthfully, Lieutenant, I had concerns that you would not uphold your end of the deal. However, I admit I was mistaken." The fairy leader, Lord Muchen, nodded and commanded, "NOW!"

With a flick of the fairies' wrists, they activated the chains wrapped around Deming's limbs, empowered by twenty layers of glyphs.

'What... is this?' Deming eyed the phantom chains encircling his wrists, brows furrowing with concern. He struggled to free himself from the chains, but they held firm, resisting his every effort. Sweat dripped down his forehead as he grasped the futility of his attempts—the glyphs reinforcing the bindings proved too powerful to overcome.

"I promise I shall take good care of my slave."

"Me? A slave?" Deming's jaw clenched, eyes boring into Lord Muchen in anger. He turned to the lieutenant, gaze intense as he whispered, "What is happening?"

The Astaran lieutenant's eyebrows furrowed as he moved forward with suspicion, capturing Deming's attention. He whispered, "What is happening? Your father was a coward who prioritized himself and his son over his own people. I am only doing what he lacked the guts to do for the safety of Astara. And as its new ruler, I will do it right." With a deep bow before the fairy leader, he swept his hand from his chest toward Deming in a grand gesture. "Lord Muchen, as you requested."