Chapter 11: Waking Up

Dr. Moonbloom was rushing around her office as she desperately worked on Branch but he was in such terrible condition that she wasn't sure she could save him but she wouldn't give up on the troll. She would do everything in her power to save him.

Clay in the meantime was sitting outside with Viva since he was kicked out for being a distraction. She held his hand and leaned on him.

"Did you see him?" Clay asked but knew she did. "What happened?" He started tearing up along with Viva who was already crying and hugging him to which he reciprocated.

"Clay! Viva!"

The two of them looked up to see Poppy rushing towards them while carrying an egg in her hair while Bruce and Floyd were close behind being followed by a bunch of other trolls. 

Poppy went to pass them before Viva grabbed her arm to stop her. "D-don't..."

"I... I know it's not going to be good but I have to see him!" Poppy cried when her sister let go and she rushed into the pod but before she could even see Branch, she was pushed out by the doctor.

"I'm sorry Queen Poppy but I insist that you stay out. I cannot have any distractions. If he is to make it, I need full concentration!" Dr. Moonbloom slammed the door shut as she felt horrible. However, she couldn't allow her to see Branch yet. She would if he really wasn't going to make it through but right now, that wasn't the case.

Poppy fell to her knees as she weeped when Viva came up and hugged her tightly. She did the same.

They then all huddled together outside the pod and waited while each of them took a turn telling Clay and Viva what happened.

Clay just got angrier the more he learned before punching the ground. "That freak, wait till I get my hands on him!"

"He is already detained and won't be causing any more trouble." Bruce sighed as he wished he could have done more but the troll was knocked out at that point.

"Can we please stop talking about him? I don't want to hear anymore about it. At least not right now." Floyd couldn't take talking about the other troll right now and he wasn't the only one, Poppy didn't like it either. She seemed to curl around the egg as he and Viva attempted to comfort her.

That's when they all became silent and anticipated any news on Branch's condition from Dr. Moonbloom.

***

The sun eventually came up and rose high in the sky when Dr. Moonbloom finally came out of her pod looking worse for wear as she worked all night long.

"You can see him now. His fever finally broke and he is resting a little better but he is still sick and unconscious so please don't disturb him too much." The doctor explained as Poppy was the first to get up and tearfully hug her before rushing inside while being followed by the others.

Poppy froze as tears ran down her cheeks at seeing Branch. The thing that stuck out to her most was his colors, they were gone. He was gray again, worse than when she first met him. She sobbed as she got closer and placed her hand on his before squeezing it but he didn't do the same.

Floyd and Bruce stood there not really sure what to do. It was so heartbreaking seeing Branch in that state.

"I told you it was bad." Clay sighed as he looked away before Viva hugged him once more.

Nothing was needed to be said as they all just stood there watching over Branch.

They all wished John Dory was there too but understood that he needed medical attention right away when they left him with the rock trolls. He convinced them to go find Branch and leave him.