Ch-18

'What would you like to order?', Shio asked handing me the menu.

It displayed variety of dishes from back home, it even had lamb meat and khorkhog, my favourites.

I remembered, the starting days when I had just arrived in korea, I had wandered unsatisfied searching restaurants that would offer me a piece of home, I had left behind.
Sure there were a few Mongolian restaurants but none had what I longed for.

Yet the man sitting opposite, offering a warm smile had found just the one.

I instantly felt an upthrust in my already Elated mood.

Smiling rather broadly, I ordered my favourites.
Waiter was about to leave when Shio interrupted.

'Won't you order something to drink, bolor perhaps?'
Shio asked.

I had deliberately left out alcohol.
I never had a taste for that substance.
Wicked thing about alcohol is that it makes you reckless, bold and vulnerable.
I didn't want any of that, there were questions that I wanted answered tonight.
Besides I wanted him to tell me things willingly, with trust not because of intoxication and vulnerability.

'Bolor? Nah I don't drink alcohol, I'll go for coke'
His eyebrows shot up in surprise.

'Same for me then' he looked at the waiter who bowed and then left.

'But Shio, you didn't choose anything!'

'I have never tried Mongolian cuisine before, besides I want to try the dishes you like'

I nodded giving him a thumbs up.
'You'll love it, I guess' I added the last part with little hesitance.

'I know I will' he reassured, laughing.

It was a good thing this place was spacious yet cozy with few people, providing us with enough privacy.

'You know, I like this place, its nice and  offers my favorite dishes which I've been longing for ever since I landed in Korea.'
I said looking in his soft brown eyes conveying my gratitude.

'I am Glad to offer you something you wanted'
He said staring in my eyes back, but his eyes lingered on my wild hair, my face, my lips.

I felt a sudden surge of blood in my face.
There was no need of alcohol anyways.

'But Tsetseg, why don't you drink alcohol?'

'Well, alcohol hinders cognition and I can't afford that Shio'

'Why' he murmered, eyes ignited with curiosity.

'When I drink alcohol, I become reckless, my emotions are intensified. I need to be careful because of my strength, I don't want to hurt anyone'
I had offered him the truth yet again.
This was something I had come to terms with, I won't lie to him unless and until it was absolutely necessary, for the time being.

'Is it that important to you, not hurting anyone even strangers?'
He asked conflicted now.

'Yes obviously, for us people can be strangers but for someone else, they can be their entire world'

'But strangers won't think like that for you'
He countered.
I could see hidden anguish in his eyes.

I just shrugged.
'I can't decide what they think, neither I wish to, I just want to do what's right, what I feel is right'

Our food arrived just then, putting rest to the intense tenor.

My previous bravado with cars had left me drained and famished. I decided to be a bit subtle with food and not inhale it, Shio needed to eat as well.
Also I didn't want to show him my potential to be the best messy eater or inhaler rather.