𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

The moment they take my parade outfit off, we're relocated to a different part of the facility. I hear someone call it the "Training Centre". The Training Centre had a big tower connected to it that would be my home for the time being. Each floor was reserved for a district, starting at the bottom with District 1. I was wearing an expensive white robe that was way too big for me, and a pair of cushiony slippers that felt like I was walking on a cloud. Persephone was the one who ushered us into the elevator and brought us up to the fourth floor. 

"Now, this will be your living quarters for the next week," Persephone explains as the elevator door opens. I am instantly dazzled at the lavishness of the interior. The main space consisted of a large plasma-screen television and a long leather couch curling around the area. The second part had a dining table that could seat an entire congregation. Above the table was a fancy chandelier that was made entirely of clear crystals. My mouth hung agape as Persephone toured us around the apartment. 

"Arcadia dear, your bedroom is at the end of this hallway. Apollo, yours is directly across from hers," Persephone showed us down a seemingly never-ending hallway. The walls were decorated with abstract paintings with bright colours and intricate designs. There were a series of doors that I assumed went into bedrooms. We exited the hallways and Persephone escorted us into the dining room.

"There's a bathroom down this hallway, but you have your personal one in your bedroom so I doubt you'll be using this one," She pointed down another hallway, "Now, dinner will be served in an hour, so you can relax in your bedrooms or the living room, or wherever you want!" 

Apollo and I made our way back down the hallway, stopping at the end where our bedrooms were located. 

"I'm gonna take a nap, knock on my door if you need me," Apollo says, disappearing behind the door. I turn the door nob and push it open. Compared to all the other rooms in the apartment, my bedroom is pretty tame. It has a gigantic bed in the middle, and a television sitting atop a mahogany dresser. The part that baffles me is the closet that brings any clothes I desire with the press of a button. I make my way over to the bathroom, which is ten times larger than the one at home. It takes a while for me to figure out how to turn it on. It has all different panels, ones for soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner and all kinds of scrubs.

I take off the robe and step into the shower. The water is warm. I stand in the shower for a long time, soaking up the heat and wishing I had grown up with all this technology. The makeup melts off my face and down the drain, and my hair returns to its natural straight form. I massage a floral-scented shampoo into my hair, and then apply conditioner that makes my hair feel like butter. 

When I finish, the room is steamy and I can barely see my reflection in the mirror, so I exit the bathroom and go to the closet. I program it to dress me in comfortable pyjamas. It gives me pink checkered bottoms and a black Sherpa sweater. The material is thick and warm. A few moments later, there's a knock at my door and Persephone informs me that dinner is ready. 

The table is set for seven; me, Apollo, Finnick, Caspian, Persephone, Silvia, and a man who I assume is Apollo's stylist. The table has a multitude of unique dishes arranged. Soups and pasta, assorted bread, types of meat and pitchers filled to the rim with various drinks. I reach over to grab a piece of bread, but Persephone smacks my hand away and beckons towards a man standing in the corner. I didn't even notice it before, but there were 4 other people, each one wearing grey tunics and strange masks covering their faces. I look at the man who makes me a plate of bread and pasta, then fills my cup with fruit juice. 

"What's your name?" I ask awkwardly. The entire table falls silent, and the man's eyes widen and he scurries away. I look back at the table and look around, "That was kind of rude, but you know-" Persephone interrupts me by snapping her fingers in front of my face.