Prom

Well, going to prom with the person I don't really like and with whom I'm in a complicated relationship isn't ideal.

But I'm doing my best to make the most of it.

I may not have been able to choose who I got to go with, but I did get to choose my dress.

A long and flowing matte black dress with a V-neck cut.

It was stunning, and I was excited to wear it tonight.

The whole situation is kind of complicated.

Me and my best friend Emily got together earlier this year.

But our parents won't approve, so there's no way we could've gone together.

So we asked the well, not the best looking boys in a school to prom, just to make them feel better.

It was better than nothing, right?

Fortunately, our parents still saw me and Emily as "good friends," so we were planning on meeting and taking the same car over.

We had agreed to split the cost of a limo.

So we had one scheduled to come pick us up at my house at 6:30.

I heard the doorbell ring. I ran down the stairs with a clay mask, a messy bun, and an old sweatshirt, expecting to meet Emily at the door.

She's seen me in much worse states than this.

This "style" is usual for me.

And to my surprise, it was Matthew T; he was the quarterback on our school football team.

Tall, curly hair, and straight teeth. (Straight)

All the other girls are head over heels for him at school.

Not my type at all; I like girls much more.

I rolled my eyes and went to shut the door when he pushed it back open.

"Wait."

He pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back.

"Really charming, but I've got a date, thanks. Go give it to your girlfriend."

"She broke up with me; look, dude, I don't have anyone to go with tonight. Please tell Emily to call me."

"What the fuck? You came here to tell me—to tell Emily, you want to go to prom with her? No. We both have people to go with; now leave." I said aggressively, slamming the door behind me.

I called Emily after that.

"You won't believe who just showed up at my door."

"Who?!" She asked

"Mathew T." I sighed.

She gasped and said, "Well, what did he want?" With a shaky voice.

"He asked me to ask you if you wanted to go to prom with him tonight."

"Well, what did you tell him?"

"No, obviously, we have plans."

"What?!" She screamed.

"What do you mean, what? Em, we are together, and we have dates tonight. Don't bail on me now."

"Alexis, come on. Just this once. Let my  10-year-ol self live her dream."

"You're really doing this, huh? Two hours before we have to go."

"Ali, I promise I'll make it up to you."

"Forget it. We're over." I said, holding back tears and hanging up.

I ran back upstairs, collapsed onto my bed, and cried.

I lost track of time and forgot about prom and everything else, except the fact that me and Emily were over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

536 words

Thank you so much for reading.
lmk if you have any requests:)