Changed emotions (Ch-5)

Dakshika's Pov:
Sometimes destiny plays a game with us, fair or not I don't know, but cruel for sure.

The palace which once threw me out, is welcoming me instead this time. Though not as a whole but atleast a part of it welcomes me.

When I halt my step and raise my eyelids, the person standing in front of me is the only person of this family who stood with me during my last days in the palace. But when he saw a chance that maybe after moving out of the palace, I'll be able to live a normal life, even if not good enough. He let me leave.

He stood in front of me with a 'thaal' in his hand. And he is none other than my elder brother, Dhairya Singh Shekhawat.

Standing before me Dhairya bhai looked changed. Obviously, he would be, after all the last we saw each other was when I was eighteen. So five years apart, the person I am seeing is not an immature and learning young man, but a mature and expirienced person.

He was about to put a tilak on my forehead but I stopped him. For a second his eyes reflected confusion, but then he clicked his tongue remembering my condition,"So sorry bacha I completely forgot you can't bear it. It's ok. Come inside." He patted my head and then stood aside.

I moved inside and my eyes took in the interior of the palace. It surely changed after the fire break out, but still the intricate design and the walls and all were still the same.

Bhai hugged me and said,"You already know how much I missed you." I felt something wet on my shoulder and knew it was the patience bhai was keeping which broke today.

I am the only person who has seen this side of Dhairya Singh Shekhawat. Otherwise what you see is a calm but cold and controlling businessman.

Even the rest of the Shekhawats have seen his caring, protective or angry side but his vulnerable side only came in front of me.

I hugged him even tightly, "I hope so, you aren't planning to kill me by suffocating me." He chuckled, "You can go fool someone else with this fragile body of yours, because I do know you won't hesitate to kill or should I say you don't hesitate to kill."

I shushed him, " Come on Mr. Shekhawat, chilla chilla ke sabko scheeme bata dijiye."
(Don't go on shouting about the secrets to everyone.)

"On a serious note, I should have been angry and concerned to know these things about your profession but seeing your family background and considering your life you have the right to be so. Now come on let's take you to your room." He said placing a hand on my shoulders.

"You are talking as if I killed someone." I scoffed. He ruffled my hairs," Do you by any chance think I don't know you!"

I moved my eyes around when he took me to the common chamber shared by the Shekhawat youngsters. "Are you sure they would be comfortable with me around? Cause I don't want any unnecessary drama now." Long gone was the childishness in me.

"Relax the two elder know about it and they don't have any problem, and about the younger ones.." he shook his head,"you know they blindly follow them."

I just nodded my head. Moving forward I noticed that my assigned room was the one beside his. Tears appeared in my eyes, but I blinked them away and he smiled.

This was the same room that was going to be my real room, the room alotted for her little princess by my mother. But was never given to me. But now I will take it. Nobody here has the courage to stop me from doing so.

Author's Pov:
They both departed to their respective rooms. After freshening, and taking a bath, she laid down on the bed. Before she could completely relax, she heard a knock on the door.

Her eyes travelled around the room and she could see her luggage already kept in the corner near the closet. Her mind wondered who this could be when she glanced at the clock to see the time more than one o'clock.

The door was knocked again, and she opened it somewhere expecting it to be Dhairya or a helper probably here to inform her about something.

But what she saw next was something she neither expected nor wanted.

Dakshika's Pov:
In front of me stood a girl with straight hairs with curls at the ends, a black bodycon dress hugging her body, black heels, party makeup and grey eyes, which were probably lenses.

She looked at me then furrowed her eyebrows, and then after completely taking in my appearance her mouth opened slightly. Her head moved up and down and the look on her face looked like....'admiration'?

I cleared my throat and queried in a cold and formal tone, " Yes? " Her eyes came in contact with mine and she fumbled her fingers saying very slowly, tears filling her eyes, "Dakshi di... " But before she could say further I interrupted," It's either Ms. Shekhwat or Dakshika for you."

Her face looked like she was hurt, but I was forced to think what was it that now changed her attitude towards me, while when I last met her it was nothing like what a sister should have.

She wiped her tears, lowered her head, and said, "Welcome back to India. I didn't know who was there inside and wanted to know who had the audacity to go in this room. Now that I have seen it's you, I am leaving. Good Night."

With this she again glanced at me to see any emotions on my fave but was met with none. Tears once again appeared in her eyes and she moved towards her room. The rooms were the same as they were so I knew about everyone's rooms.

I closed the door and again laid on my bed. Thoughts started to roam in my mind about her changed behaviour and obviously I couldn't ignore the guilt in her eyes. It did hurt my heart a little, but then again my mind reminds my heart of what it went through because of them.

I don't hate my brothers and sisters, but I also don't have any feelings left inside me for them, those feelings died. I don't feel anything towards them now, except for Dhairya bhai.

My mind again drifted back to my past.