Part 4 - The Fight Song

So what should I do now? The clock shows 10:15pm. I still have some time to write.

Once again, my mind is like a genie out of the bottle. My fingers become tiny fairies jumping around the keyboard. The pumping music from a headphone, the mechanical sound of keys, and the dancing words on the screen, drown me into the post-apocalyptic world of "The 100" again.

It's a dreadful world where the human race is facing the worst challenge possible. They hang on a thin thread of being wiped out, by the disastrous environment after nuclear bombardment, and by the people who still want to dominate others in that dire situation.

But I just cannot leave that world. Don't even know the reason myself. Perhaps the real world is too boring, and I am just a nobody in it.

===#===#===

The pretentious "trial" starts when Becca stands tall in the court. Cadogan's thugs are all over the place. There is no way out of it, but she doesn't seem to be afraid.

Yup, Becca, you will not give Bill Cadogan the satisfaction of begging or crying. You will power through this like the lioness I always know.

Helen is going to testify against you. You know she is forced into it. You are sad but you won't be harsh on her. During the so-called "cross examination", you will not ask her tough questions because it will only cause more torture for her. She already had suffered too much. You will only want to know whether she hates you or loves you. Only that matters.

Good, I see you did just that. Phewww... For a moment I was quite worried that you would do or say something unexpected again. At the same time, I wonder why you didn't say some smart quips or phrases to make fun of the situation...

I look around, seeing Cadogan and his thugs are all around you. They look at you like sharks circling a fish. Yeah, that's why. I'm sorry that I didn't realize how bad this kangaroo court actually is. There is no law. Whoever got the biggest gun rules. This is not a place for any jokes.

Wait, what? Now you want to protect everyone? How is that possible? Oh, no, you are going to make your followers hate you?! This is a bad idea, really, really bad idea! I doubt you can really save them this way, and you will definitely lose everyone who still loves you. Because as both you and I know, if they learn your secrets, they will tear you apart! Worse, they will actually want to burn you like a witch.

Hmm... ? Wait a minute. Isn't this exactly what had happened in the TV series? Becca was burnt but no viewer understood why. OMG, I just successfully completed the story, and explained the plot hole in a much more convincing way ! Will WB give me some credit for that ? Nah, I am just dreaming.

No, please, Becca, don't do it... My gosh, you are doing it now! You are telling everyone your darkest secrets. It's all done. There is no turning back! They are so mad now. Everyone wants to murder you. They want to take revenge for the dearest people they lost in the apocalypse. Becca, you're such a smart woman, but you are so stupid!

.......

Yeah, even fully knowing this is where the plot is supposed to go, but it's still too much for me. I don't know if I can really go through it. The real life Rebecca asked me the same thing, but it's so so hard! The music stops. I was surrounded by darkness once again, feeling bad by actually writing it. For a moment, it's like God is letting Roman soldiers crucify his only son again.

I am the God in this story, but I am helpless in this. Becca is going to die in the most painful way. Yet I cannot just change the canonical history. It's like Batman's parents had to be murdered in that dark alley.

......

The whole court of Becca's people are now cursing her with all kinds of foul names. They feel a deep sense of betrayal. It starts to dawn on them that the brave leader they have been following is actually a fraud, a villain that is much worse than Bill Cadogan. She's responsible for all their suffering and much more. They throw shoes at her and spit in her direction.