Chapter Four: Stadium & Death

*BROTHEL*

A crowd of onlookers watch as Daemon and Mysaria have sex. After a few moments, Daemon looks frustrated and walks towards a window, draping a rug over himself.

"What troubles you, my Prince?"

Mysaria walks over to him.

"I could bring in another. Perhaps a maiden. I have several. I could even arrange one with silver hair. You are Daemon Targaryen. Rider of Caraxes. Wielder of Dark Sister. The King can not replace you and you will see your sister soon enough.

*STADIUM*

Rhaenyra ascends some stairs to a large balcony, she seeing three people she has never seen before.
They were the most beautiful beings she had ever seen. They sat near her father.

"Be welcome! I know many of you have travelled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise you will not be disappointed."

Rhaenyra finds her seat as Viserys stands in the midst of other nobles, addressing the crowd.

"When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. This great day has been made more auspicious by the news that I am happy to share: Queen Aemma has begun her labours!"

The crowd cheers, and an aerial shot shows the scale of the tournament.

"May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!"

The envoys scrunched their noses at the reference to the Seven but kept their silence.

Two knights joust in the centre of the stadium. On the second run, one is dismounted. The audience cheers, and the winner approaches the balcony and bowing.

"A mystery knight?"

"No, a Cole, of the Stormlands."

"I've never heard of House Cole. Do you know who those three near father are?"

"They are the envoys from the Ialyrian empire. It turns out your aunt is the empress."

Boremund Baratheon approaches the balcony on horseback.

"Princess Rhaenys Targaryen! I would humbly ask for the favour of "The Queen Who Never Was."

The nobles give varying expressions. Rhaenys approaches and drops a wreath on Boremund’s lance.
The envoys looked at the disrespectful little Lord with distaste.

"Good fortune to you, cousin."

"I would gladly take it if I thought I needed it."

They smile. Otto leans over and whispers in Viserys’s ear.

"You could have Baratheon's tongue for that. He is embarrassing the house of Targaryen with the envoys present."

"Tongues will not change the succession. Let them wag."

Rhaenys sits down and exchanges a look with her husband, Corlys.
She had already been told by her husband about her cousin new position and was eager to meet her for a position for their family.
Alicent and Rheanrya were quietly talking together about a certain Lord and his lady when they see Boremund and Criston joust, with Boremund being dismounted. Harrold kneels next to Rhaenyra’s seat.

"What do you know about this Ser Criston Cole, Ser Harrold?"

"I'm told Ser Criston is common-born, son of Lord Dondarrion's steward. But other than that, and the fact that he's just unhorsed both of the Baratheon lads, I really couldn't say."