p2 five

matilda's pov:

i was currently in my favourite small shop. the art shop. it was a run by a family who were very lovely people. i roamed the shop looking at different art supplies, i remembered i did need a new paint pallet as the one i've had for years was becoming quite impossible to wash.

i chose a small wooden pallet which had a tulip design carved into the corner. i decided to pick up a few paints and brushes and a small canvas so i could go to the park. all my paints were at the flat and i didn't really want to face sherlock after the mistake i made.

i placed the things on the till and they lady worked out how much it would be. we had a small conversation and i handed her the money i owed.

i was sat under a tree at the park rather than the bench this time. i squeezed small amounts of each colour paint i brought onto the pallet. i decided to paint a tulip.

i hummed to myself as i stroked my paintbrush over the canvas causing explosions of colour.

painting is such a wonderful thing to describe life with because even though if you make a mistake it can't be erased, instead of giving up it can teach you to learn from your mistakes and turn it into something beautiful.

after what felt like hours, my painting was complete. i haven't painted in a while so i was quite proud of it.

i held the canvas up so i could see it properly in the light

i held the canvas up so i could see it properly in the light. i smiled to myself and put the canvas down against the tree facing the sun to let it dry.

i relaxed against the tree letting the sun beam on my face closing my eyes. my eyes widened in realisation of what day it is. the lyon's ball.

i gathered all my things together and rushed over to a polite looking lady who was wearing a watch. "excuse me, may i ask what the time is please."

"its 5:42 dear." she looked at her watch and smiled to me.

"thank you ever so much." i smiled back and hurried my way to tewksburys flat. me and tewksbury always go to balls together so i decided to keep my dress at his flat so it would be easier for us both. he must be waiting for me so i walked as quick as possible. the ball started at 7. i know that seems like alot of time till then but tewks takes ages to get ready.

i enter the front door to the flats and head upstairs. i knock on his door. he smiles when he sees me and pulls me inside. his flat was covered in many different plants and flowers.

"sorry im late i completely forgot what day it is." i tell him.

"its fine tilly we have plenty of time." he smiles. "you're dress is just there so you can change in the bathroom if you'd like. i think there might be some of your makeup you left here in the bathroom and i have a hairbrush."

"thanks tewks." tewksbury kept eying me strangely like he knew i wasn't in the best mood. i didn't dare to tell him otherwise he'd go on a rampage after sherlock, even though he's quite scrawny he'd protect me with his life.