Ch 2

"Have you put your lunch in your bag? Is everything you need already in your bag? What about your medicines? Have you checked your contact lenses again? Do you really need it on day one? I don't want your eyes to get irritated any more. You've brought a penknife, haven't you? Something could happen and you need to be careful, then—"

"Vincent, I've checked everything, don't worry," Noah interrupted Vincent's words quickly and calmly, Vincent was no different from other nagging mothers regarding their children going back to school.

Vincent took a deep breath and exhaled slowly while putting his hands on his hips, he knitted his eyebrows together and looked doubtful. "Are you really sure?"

"Vince, he's just going on an orientation, his studies start next week, why are you so fussy?" William followed with a soft chuckle from the living room, before he groaned loudly because Vincent's power threw a berry and hit him hard on the forehead. "Hey! Michael as his husband doesn't even worry too much about it!" William protested irritably.

The black-haired man rolled his eyes lazily. "The first day of middle school orientation, Michael got into a fight with his senior and he broke the guy's arm. You want to compare it to Michael's experience?"

Noah frowned, his gaze immediately landed on his husband who was giggling beside him.

"I'm sure nothing will happen to Noah, Papa," Michael said, trying to reassure his father that everything would be fine on Noah's first day now. He patted Noah's shoulder. "Ennard can kill them straight away if something happens!" he continued his speech cheerfully.

"Actually," William immediately added, he paused for a moment, "you should avoid things like that in the lecture environment and just focus on your studies."

"What?" Michael stared at his father in disbelief. "That's boring!"

"Okay," replied Noah, nodding to William. "I can understand why you say that." He turned to Michael. "I can't attract much attention, even though I use a different last name but there are many possibilities and if I'm careless I could expose our family."

Michael sneered in annoyance. "Boring. One small fight won't expose our family."

Hearing that, Noah's eyes narrowed at Michael. "I'm not you. I don't start fights on purpose, and I've never gotten into illegal fights at all."

"Unless necessary."

"Unless necessary," Noah repeated Michael reluctantly, Michael frowned at him.

"The main thing is." Vincent quickly intervened between the two of them. "The main thing is, take good care of yourself, even though this is still a college orientation and you may not do anything other than listen to seminars about your campus. Anything can happen so make sure not to let your guard down, avoid any issues or problems during lectures and focus on your classes."

Noah nodded at Vincent's reminders, even though Vincent still seemed unsure about everything so he just gave him a faint smile. Vincent let out a small breath, it couldn't be denied that he was too worried about this—he didn't want anything to happen to his son-in-law, of course. However, he tried to believe that Noah would be okay, he could take care of himself at least. William patted his shoulder casually, indicating that he should calm down and not be too tense. In the end he smiled.

After that, his purple eyes glanced back reflexively to feel the presence of a person, or two—it was the middle and the youngest, appearing from the corridor of the house in their pajamas, approaching the four of them. It didn't take long for them to arrive, Chris pulled the hem of his sleeve and he immediately lifted the boy's small body and carried him, while Elizabeth lay behind his legs, peeking her head at Noah with her eyebrows knitted together.