when he visits

When he visits,
My heart flutters,
My stomach swarms with butterflies,
My brain gets fogged,
I become fidgety, unsettled, and edgy.

It's like, "Oh, hey, you're here. It's been a long time since you last visited."
Because when you've been away from each other for a long,
you start questioning yourself, "Is something wrong?"

Oh, no, you got me wrong.
It's not my toxic relationship,
it's just my dear friend, Cyrus.

Note: I've named my anxiety, Cyrus

Note: I've named my anxiety, Cyrus. For a very long time I didn't understand how naming your emotions would help, until I tried it myself. Naming your emotions reduces the intensity of those emotions and you feel less overwhelmed. So, if you have a hard time handling your emotions, just try to not run away from them, or panic when the emotions occur. Instead, acknowledge their arrival. Like, "Hey there, [name], we meet again!" Just the simple act of acknowledgement, makes a huge difference.

An act of turning unpleasant emotions into language disrupts and reduces activity in the amygdala. (The amygdala is the part of your brain that responds to stress and fear.)
Also, labelling emotions increases activity in the brain's prefrontal lobe - a part of the brain important for planning, logic, reason, and rational thinking. Labelling the emotion helps in feeling calmer and accessing the part of the brain that helps us to make thought out choices, rather than simply reacting to emotions.

(Source: https://anxiety.org.nz/resources/name-it-to-tame-it#:~:text=By%20naming%20what%20we%20are,in%20some%20groundbreaking%20neuroscience%20studies.)