Three: Motorcycle

As suggested, me and Bella went the next day to pick up the two motorcycles that had been sat outside of our neighbour's house for like a week. Fuck me, those bikes weigh a ton! It was a good job that both me and Bella went, because we wouldn't have been able to move them on our own. However, it had caused some major bickering. It wasn't my fault, she wasn't putting in any effort!

"To Jake's!" I cheered, far too excited. I'd missed that boy something awful over the past few months. The last time that I'd seen him properly was the night that Bella had gone missing; since then, I'd been preoccupied, mainly with keeping the girl alive.

The rest of the ride remained silent; Bella still hadn't returned to a normal level of conversation with others. She's also developed an intense dislike for any kind of music, which was awful frustrating. I was itching to play around with the new radio system that one of the Cullens had installed before they fucked off and turned my sister into a shell. I didn't even know which Cullen had installed it - the Cullen's were Bella's people, not mine. I don't even think any of them knew my name.

I almost fell out of the truck once we pulled up at Jacob's home, excited to see Jacob, and also just to escape that super depressing truck.

"Charl! Where've you been?" Jacob emerged from the back of his garage, wearing that stupidly pretty smile, and carrying some form of tool. He ran over to us, grabbing me in a very tight hug. God, he smelt so good. That reminded me, I still had his jacket - admittedly, it had joined the nest that I'd created on my bed.

He pulled away, moving to Bella and grabbing her in a hug as well. I looked away, feeling that horrible, near crying, ache crawl up my throat. As Jake pulled away, I caught a glimpse of Bella's face, and honestly, it was the happiest I'd seen her in months. She looked happier with Jake than she ever did with Edward, and that just worsened the dull ache in my throat.

"I, err, brought you something," Bella explained, pulling away from Jacob's warm hug. I? I suggested it! She lifted the tarp, displaying the bikes in all of their rusty glory. I watched as Jacob's mouth flipped into a confused smile.

"Scrap metal. You shouldn't have!"

"Can you fix them? Like, because you're all mechanic-y."

"Mechanic-y isn't a word Charlotte," Bella deadpanned, rolling her eyes. What was her problem?

"Well, I'm sure I can give it a go. Since when are you two into motorcycles?"

"Since now."

"I'm just here for Bella, them things terrify me," I added. I knew that Bella wasn't a fan either, she was just a tad insane at the moment, but I wasn't going to tell Jacob that. I needed him to build these bikes, so Bella doesn't do anything stupid.

"Well, you can test ride them with me Charl," Jacob grinned, winking at me. I blushed, but didn't protest - any excuse to be that close to him.

"You know these are gonna be pricey to fix?"

"I've got a college fund."

"Charlie won't be too happy with that."

"He won't know," Bella explained, continuing as she saw the confusion on both Jake's and my face, "I get if you think this is totally stupid and reckless."

"It is totally stupid and reckless, let's do it." And so, Bella unlatched the van.

"Be careful, those bikes are kinda heavy," Bella trailed off, watching as Jake grabbed one of them almost effortlessly, wheeling it into his garage. I almost drooled at the way his biceps bulged.

"Jake, when did that happen?" I asked, trailing after him. God, I was like a lovesick puppy. I don't even know where these feelings had come from, but for some reason I was obsessed with the guy. I just wanted to be around him.

"Well, you'd know if you saw me more. Wait here, I'll go grab the other death trap." He kicked the stand up, leaving it in the middle of his garage floor. He then wandered back out, leaving me to myself.

When he returned, only a few short minutes later, he returned with Bella. She, like me, was enthralled with the boy. Her eyes raked him up and down, lingering on the muscles that had developed since either of us last saw him. I mean, at least she was getting over Edward. But that pain still ached in my throat, and i swallowed harshly to get rid of it.

"You got any water Jake?"

"Just grab my bottle, it's on the bench," he gestured, eyes already focused on the bike in front of him. I grabbed the metal bottle, taking a sip, using it to clear the ache. I already knew that Bella was glaring at me, even though my back was turned.

"So what's to be done with these Jake?" I asked, settling myself on an overturned crate, next to the boy.

"Gonna take them apart first, then rebuild. I wasn't kidding when I said they were scrap metal."

"I was thinking though, that like if we are going to be here every day, which I hope we are, we need to do some homework. I don't want Billy or Charlie thinking I'm a bad influence on you two," Bella added. She had a point, but it was a disappointing point.

"You influence me? Please."

"Hold on, this was my idea, so if anything, I'm the influencer here!"

"Charl, shut up," Jacob grinned, prompting me to dig him with my elbow. He shoved my shoulder in retaliation, knocking me onto the dusty garage floor. I huffed, but returned to my seat. I wouldn't win that battle.

"I'm older than both of you, so if anything, that makes me the influencer and you two the influencee. And, Charlotte, you only suggested this because of me," Bella responded, rolling her eyes at mine and Jacob's antics.

"My size and knowledge base makes me older than you, because of your general paleness and lack of know how, and Charl's lack of height."

"Way to admit you're just a know it all." I was met with another shoulder shove, but this time much lighter.

"I convinced you to make two-wheeled death machines with me. Don't you think that makes you both kind of young and naïve?" It was my idea!

"Okay, where do we stand?" In my opinion, Bella's like ancient with how depressing she is, like a little old granny in a retirement home, who's loved ones have all died.

"I'm 35, you might be like 32." More like 132.

"Charl is like 12."

"Jacob. I'll fuck you up."

"You're like five foot, what are you gonna do?"

"Five foot and a half!" I whined, glaring at Jacob and his stupidly pretty smile. Oh god. I think I like him. But so does Bella.

Fuck.