Chapter 4

"Who's this?" a voice came from one of the couches, causing Y/N's head to snap away from the basketball hoop on the wall and back to the people in the room.
"Guys, this is Y/N," Kris beamed, "she's Jimmy's new assistant".
Y/N looked at Kris with surprise; she hadn't agreed to anything yet, she doesn't even know these people!
But Y/N wasn't the only one who was shocked at the news, a fourth guy in a baseball cap who she assumed must be Jimmy snapped his head up from a desk in the middle of the room where he had been typing furiously.
"What.?" the man said with a confused look. He glanced at Kris and then at his friends, as if waiting for them to laugh and admit they were playing a prank. Finally, his eyes landed on Y/N, and they stared at each other.
"Um... Hi" Jimmy said before looking back at the screen of his laptop, although it didn't look like he was actually reading what was on the screen.

"Come and meet the guys!" Kris said excitedly before she led Y/N to the couches in the office.
"This is Karl," Kris introduced the boy who had first asked who she was. he had a young-looking face and a mop of curly brown hair.
"This is chandler," she continued gesturing to a guy who was laying across a couch on his stomach. he had dark hair and wide brown eyes.
"And this is Nolan!" she finished pointing to a man with sandy blonde hair and pale skin.
Y/N waved awkwardly to the group, still overwhelmed but trying her best to remember everybody's names. Kris sat down with Y/N on a couch pressed to the wall and handed her a coffee.

Slowly Y/N relaxed as the 3 boys begun to ask her questions, with Kris interjecting excitedly whenever she could.
Jimmy never joined them. It made Y/N feel a little hurt, but Kris just told her that he's a busy guy. She couldn't help it when her eyes kept drifting over to him sitting at his desk.

Jimmy's POV:
'Surviving 100 Days in the Desert' 'Last to Leave Private Jet Wins $1M' 'I made 100 people—
"She's Jimmy's new assistant!"

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of my name being called. I looked up to see Kris in the doorway. I tried to tell from the faces of the boys if this was some joke they were playing but they looked just as confused as I felt. I looked back at Kris and the girl she claimed was my 'new assistant' and...
Oh...

"Um hi," I tried to sound as normal as possible, but I panicked and just decided to look back at my work. I think I got away with it though, because Kris sensed my nervousness and went back to introducing the girl, Y/N, to the boys.

As she sat on one of the couches in my office, I couldn't stop trying to sneak glances her way, studying her face, her hair, her body... No. Stop. That's weird. If she's going to be my assistant like Kris wants her to be then I can't think of her in that way.